NZXT S340 vs NZXT S340 Elite

VicRik

Hi guys,

I have been looking around online and I can't find many differences between the two. The only things I could find were the HDMI-passthrough and the tempered glass. Any things I missed that would make it worth the difference? And which one would you get?

Thanks a lot for your help!

PS: Not a native English speaker. 

Think the elite has an extra SSD mount thats on the front of the psu shroud, but other than that and what you listed, there's really no difference.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

53 minutes ago, VicRik said:

Hi guys,

I have been looking around online and I can't find many differences between the two. The only things I could find were the HDMI-passthrough and the tempered glass. Any things I missed that would make it worth the difference? And which one would you get?

Thanks a lot for your help!

PS: Not a native English speaker. 

elite makes it sound cooler

Cable management is slightly improved as well.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

One big difference is the crappy PSU filter on the old 340 (one of those flimsy plastic honey comb filters held in by tabs that you couldn't just pull out easily) is replaced in the Elite by the "fabric mesh with plastic frame" thats easily removable from the back.

Old

Image result for s340 psu filter

New

NZXT-S340-Elite-PSU-Dust-Filter.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

One big difference is the crappy PSU filter on the old 340 (one of those flimsy plastic honey comb filters held in by tabs that you couldn't just pull out easily) is replaced in the Elite by the "fabric mesh with plastic frame" thats easily removable from the back.

Old

Image result for s340 psu filter

New

NZXT-S340-Elite-PSU-Dust-Filter.jpg

I noticed, but nxzt updated the s340 with a similar filter