NZXT S340

MrAlbertrocks

How should i distribute my fans on this case? I have a H80i Liquid cooler, with a 120mm radiator. It has dual fans but i really don't understand how they work. Are they exhaust? Intake? How does that work?

Depends on how you want to use them and how you orient them. They take air from one side and exhaust on the other.

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

It depends on what direction they face. They usually have an arrow on the side that shows what direction they push air to.

3 minutes ago, dany_boy said:

Depends on how you want to use them and how you orient them. They take air from one side and exhaust on the other.

So it works as exhaust. It pushes air away from the case. I can use the radiator on the rear, another exhaust fan on the top, and 2 intakes on the front, but what happens if i decide to buy a 240mm liquid cooler? It would only fit on the front, and having all the exhaust fans on the front and intake fans on rear and top is not ideal.  

2 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

So it works as exhaust. It pushes air away from the case. I can use the radiator on the rear, another exhaust fan on the top, and 2 intakes on the front, but what happens if i decide to buy a 240mm liquid cooler? It would only fit on the front, and having all the exhaust fans on the front and intake fans on rear and top is not ideal.  

Then you have the front rad as intake, and top and rear as exhaust.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Then you have the front rad as intake, and top and rear as exhaust.

I though having the radiator as intake wasn't ideal. I've been using them as exhaust all my life, but then again, i never really payed attention to optimal fan orientation.

2 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

I though having the radiator as intake wasn't ideal. I've been using them as exhaust all my life, but then again, i never really payed attention to optimal fan orientation.

It only heats up the air like a couple degrees, there is no problem having it as intake.

Most people have it as intake.

The S340 is designed for a rad in the front.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

It only heats up the air like a couple degrees, there is no problem having it as intake.

Most people have it as intake.

The S340 is designed for a rad in the front.

Ok, i know now how to set them up if i had a 240mm radiator, but even though the case is designed for a rad in the front, there's no problem if i use the 120mm radiator as exhaust on the rear, exhaust fan top, and 2 intake fans on the front?

35 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

Ok, i know now how to set them up if i had a 240mm radiator, but even though the case is designed for a rad in the front, there's no problem if i use the 120mm radiator as exhaust on the rear, exhaust fan top, and 2 intake fans on the front?

You can put it anywhere.

Spoiler

I have a 140mm RAD as a rear exahust in my system. You'll have no issues.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25