Gaming laptop for mobile gaming or switch

So I was thinking should I save up 2 years for a gaming laptop(MSi gs73vr) or buy a switch this year with some games. The laptop would suit my needs more but it's expensive but the switch has awesome games the pc has like Skyrim and minecraft well being fairly priced

i just wanna say, at the settings i'd expect on skyrim out of a switch, you can run that on a macbook air for 6 hours on battery. (EDIT/ the reason i specificly say macbook air is because i saw someone do it, not because i recommend you get a macbook air :P)

i'd rather suggest you get a low power laptop than a switch if you value looking like an adult un-stressing instead of like a kiddo with his newfangled toy.

can i just add... you're making a lot of very strangely related topis at once...

so.. you're either repairing your 3DS, buying a 2DS, buying a switch, or buying a laptop? o.O

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

can i just add... you're making a lot of very strangely related topis at once...

so.. you're either repairing your 3DS, buying a 2DS, buying a switch, or buying a laptop? o.O

All within a span of like 4 years 

1 minute ago, Gamerguy207 said:

All within a span of like 4 years 

all within a span of like 30 minutes, rather.

Just now, Gamerguy207 said:

I'm future planing

How said I'm up and 2 in the morning doing this :(

This is just personal preference, I had a gaming laptop, it was the Lenovo Y50 960m. Even tho it was thin, it was 5.2 lbs and wide. I absolutely hated to carry it around as carrying around a 2 lb laptop didn't even feel like you were carrying it around but carrying around a big laptop was just atrocious. It ended up just being a desktop for me, being that I just left it 1 in spot forever and I never ended up using it because I already had a desktop that was much more powerful.

If you want a laptop simply get a laptop that has thunderbolt, etc. that can connect to any sort of external PCIe GPU box. It's basically the best of both worlds, you get the laptop portability and the gaming power at home. You wouldn't want to game on battery anyways because it would die in 2 hours.

As much as I love the Nintendo Switch, it is not a computer.

So, try to find a Cheap laptop with USB C or thunderbolt that supports an external PCIe GPU box like the Razor Core or the Akitio Thunder2, which is 50% cheaper than the Razor core but it only fits Mini GPUs which shouldn't matter all that much to you. It also means more desk space.

2 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

This is just personal preference, I had a gaming laptop, it was the Lenovo Y50 960m. Even tho it was thin, it was 5.2 lbs and wide. I absolutely hated to carry it around as carrying around a 2 lb laptop didn't even feel like you were carrying it around but carrying around a big laptop was just atrocious. It ended up just being a desktop for me, being that I just left it 1 in spot forever and I never ended up using it because I already had a desktop that was much more powerful.

If you want a laptop simply get a laptop that has thunderbolt, etc. that can connect to any sort of external PCIe GPU box. It's basically the best of both worlds, you get the laptop portability and the gaming power at home. You wouldn't want to game on battery anyways because it would die in 2 hours.

Good point the laptop I want has a gtx 1060 in it with only about a hour of gaming 

15 hours ago, Gamerguy207 said:

Good point the laptop I want has a gtx 1060 in it with only about a hour of gaming 

This all depends on what your total budget is and if you see something as worth it or not, I'm getting a rebranded clevo from xotic pc that is perfect for a power user like me.

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS