Any cheap i7 laptops with a dedicated graphics card?

ramo55

My struggle to find the perfect laptop for my needs continues. I've been looking for a laptop with an i7 processor so it can chew through rendering for my youtube vids(my current renders a 30 min video in 30 minutes, so any laptop that makes a video in less time is an improvement), but also one that has a dedicated graphics card in it instead of the intel HD. I'm a casual gamer, most of the games I play are pretty light games: csgo, league of legends and overwatch but I'd like to possibly run some other games at some point. I don't need to run the games at ultra settings, would be happy with medium settings, so anyone got any ideas? The laptop doesn't have to be a 2017 model or anything crazy. I'm totally fine with an older model of laptop. The laptop has to have good cooling as well and not exhibit any thermal throttling, and the laptop should be fairly thin and light, but not too thin or light :) When I was searching I came across "multimedia" laptops which matched what I was looking for in a way if that helps anyone.

An example of a laptop I came across that i liked is the acer v3-571g, it has an i7 processor along with a dedicated nvidia graphics card, so maybe something similar to this but a bit better?

Tldr:

Looking for an i7 laptop with a dedicated graphics card that's 15'6"

-Budget is around £800 max, I've came across many laptops such as razer blade, xps 15, asus strix etc... but they are all far over my budget

-good cooling, and good fans

-doesn't thermal throttle

-fairly thin and light

-preferably but not required: a space for an SSD (can be m.2) and a normal SATA hard drive.

-laptop doesn't have to be 2017 model, can be old doesn't matter as long as it's a decent i7 processor.

1 minute ago, AzraelXeros said:

What's your budget? That'll play a big part

Sorry forgot to include that, but maybe £800 max? Anything that matches my requirements that's cheaper would be amazing.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Here's the thing with laptops: unless you get the high-end i7 models like the 6700HQ or 6820HK, the rest don't have hyperthreading, so they're actually just glorified i5s.

3 minutes ago, ramo55 said:

Sorry forgot to include that, but maybe £800 max? Anything that matches my requirements that's cheaper would be amazing.

For 800 pounds max your best bet is to look for something like an i5-6300HQ and then even a 940M will be enough for casual games.

Or you could you know, build a desktop and get a guaranteed better value? ;)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Don't know the currency conversions, but the i7 Version of the acer aspire E15 has a good chance.  Don't own one though.

it has a a gtx 940m idk how good that is and its around $750 USD.

7 minutes ago, ramo55 said:

GET THIST AORUS!!!            Best CPU (6820HK) at this price range, 2 970m!!! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aorus-X7-V5-CF2-17-3-Inch-i7-6820HK/dp/B01ASV17S4/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1486866705&sr=8-23&keywords=i7+970

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

You realize that has to be a scam, yes? There's been a lot of scams in amazon's laptop department

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ramo55 said:

Before I built my desktop I primarily used an ASUS ROG laptop and absolutely loved it. You could probably find a refurbished one for the price point you're looking at, as the new ones run between $1,200 and $2,000 USD. Here's one similar to what I'm talking about: https://www.amazon.com/G750JM-17-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-VERSION/dp/B00IKF2H12/ref=sr_1_20?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1486866824&sr=1-20&refinements=p_n_condition-type%3A2224372011 

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Here's the thing with laptops: unless you get the high-end i7 models like the 6700HQ or 6820HK, the rest don't have hyperthreading, so they're actually just glorified i5s.

For 800 pounds max your best bet is to look for something like an i5-6300HQ and then even a 940M will be enough for casual games.

Or you could you know, build a desktop and get a guaranteed better value? ;)

Getting a desktop is out of the question since I travel 5 times a week with my laptop in my bag each day.

But you grabbed my attention about the i7 processors, I've never heard about the glorified i5's lol. Reason I'm so eager about an i7 is because I was told they are good for rendering, so I'm not sure? Are you sure I wouldn't be missing out getting something like the i5-6300hq over an i7 if it's not the 6700hq? If what you're saying is right then getting an i5 would be cheaper. Could you recommend any i5 laptops matching my requirements?

You realize that has to be a scam, yes? There's been a lot of scams in amazon's laptop department

It could be a scam but amazon guarantees products does it not? 

There's also this seller with 182 reviews with 4.5/5

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aorus-X3-V3-CF1-13-9-Inch-Windows/dp/B00RZDH3W8/ref=pd_sbs_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G9J8R39NA9DZP9ZENKE2

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

GET THIST AORUS!!!            Best CPU (6820HK) at this price range, 2 970m!!! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aorus-X7-V5-CF2-17-3-Inch-i7-6820HK/dp/B01ASV17S4/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1486866705&sr=8-23&keywords=i7+970

Good laptop, but with 2 gpu's it looks over kill xd, also it's 17 inch, I need 15'6 :)

3 minutes ago, AzraelXeros said:

Before I built my desktop I primarily used an ASUS ROG laptop and absolutely loved it. You could probably find a refurbished one for the price point you're looking at, as the new ones run between $1,200 and $2,000 USD. Here's one similar to what I'm talking about: https://www.amazon.com/G750JM-17-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-VERSION/dp/B00IKF2H12/ref=sr_1_20?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1486866824&sr=1-20&refinements=p_n_condition-type%3A2224372011 

Again, Good laptop, good specs, but it's 17inches :(

Just now, ramo55 said:

Good laptop, but with 2 gpu's it looks over kill xd, also it's 17 inch, I need 15'6 :)

This one is lighter, 13.9"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aorus-X3-V3-CF1-13-9-Inch-Windows/dp/B00RZDH3W8/ref=pd_sbs_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G9J8R39NA9DZP9ZENKE2

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

It could be a scam but amazon guarantees products does it not? 

I know Amazon guarantees sales but I'm not sure sellers through Amazon do, and reviews could be fabricated. The point is, a Dual 970M + i7 (doesn't even say which in the listing) costing 770 quid is way too good to be true. There's gotta be a catch

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ramo55 said:

Again, Good laptop, good specs, but it's 17inches :(

This is sold by MSI,  its a great laptop, very light

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-010UK-Notebook-i7-6700HQ-Windows/dp/B015Q27A54/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1486866705&sr=8-24&keywords=i7+970m

6 minutes ago, Creeper1372677 said:

Don't know the currency conversions, but the i7 Version of the acer aspire E15 has a good chance.  Don't own one though.

it has a a gtx 940m idk how good that is and its around $750 USD.

Yeah this looks perfect, but I have a few questions: How good is that i7 cpu? The comment from energy core about the difference between i5's and i7's got me really confused now lol. Also how good is cooling on that laptop? I know you don't own one but maybe you heared about it?

I know Amazon guarantees sales but I'm not sure sellers through Amazon do, and reviews could be fabricated. The point is, a Dual 970M + i7 (doesn't even say which in the listing) costing 770 quid is way too good to be true. There's gotta be a catch

Quite possibly, though all your prices are so insanely lower than CAD its hard for me to tell.  The MSI laptop  goes for 1700 new here

Yeah this looks perfect, but I have a few questions: How good is that i7 cpu? The comment from energy core about the difference between i5's and i7's got me really confused now lol. Also how good is cooling on that laptop? I know you don't own one but maybe you heared about it?

940m is kinda garbage, I'd avoid it

get a 960 at least

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

940m is kinda garbage, I'd avoid it

get a 960 at least

ohh man, and I was thinking there was nothing wrong with that laptop. I checked out the msi gs60, looks perfect, too perfect to be true, what am I missing lol? How's cooling on that laptop? Are msi laptops reliable? Never really owned one. Also what's QE process mean? I know HQ is quad core but what's QE?

8 minutes ago, ramo55 said:

Trust me.  This AORUS is the best you can get.  It is sold BY aorus and they have the some of highest quality laptops I've ever used (better than RAZER, MSI) 

its 14", i7, 500gb ssd, 16gb RAM, 3200 x 1800p and a 970m.

It's last gen so it is 1200 euro on sale.  If I was in the UK I'd get i.

ohh man, and I was thinking there was nothing wrong with that laptop. I checked out the msi gs60, looks perfect, too perfect to be true, what am I missing lol? How's cooling on that laptop? Are msi laptops reliable? Never really owned one. Also what's QE process mean? I know HQ is quad core but what's QE?

This AOURUS laptop

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RZDH3W8/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_7_w

8 minutes ago, ramo55 said:

The 6700HQ is one of the good ones. Has Hyperthreading and stuff

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

The 6700HQ is one of the good ones. Has Hyperthreading and stuff

The i7-4710HQ is faster but runs hotter.  The excellent cooler on the Aorus makes it worthwhile