Dell XPS 15 9560 vs. Razer Blade 14 vs. Mac Pro

Keppla

Which do you prefer?

I'd go with the Dell XPS just because of it's looks and style

Blade 14 because of SPEED and POWER

Spoiler

fc3646a02beca4bbf6c05e711f81c0eb354d253149028d9ce0fca9def3aaf63a.jpg

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

I'd personally go with RAZER for the sheer power and option for eGPU.  They are very similar in build quality (I've used all of them) but XPS and MBP are gorgeous in a way RAZER isn't

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Also XPS and razer are touch

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

i would go for a xps 15, the build quality and the support is good along with a good computer. the razor blade has build issues to heating issues mixed with horrible support, which is understandable cramming high-performance hardware into a small space and expecting everything to work. the older 15 inch with a amd or an older model with the 750m MacBooks are really good laptops if you want a secondary computer, i have a MacBook with a 750m as my work laptop and a gaming computer as my main pc. so, in conclusion, it depends on your setup, i suggest you get a xps 15 as MacBooks have outdated components. the best build in your list would go MacBooks have the best build the xps is 2nd place the razer is third with poor heat management issues.

I would say XPS, it's so gorgeousc in my opinion.

Btw you should read through Razers forums I heard about various hardware design issues, like blowing mosfets which aren't covered under the 1 year warranty most of the time since it like to blow after like 16 months or so, PCIe m.2 storage that is throtteling due near placement to rather hot heatsinks was reported also. (I heared about that from a Louis Rossmann stream)

I would never pick a Macbook for myself since I'm absolutly not into their software at all, I want to stick to Linux or Windows since I use my loved programms there for years. Maybooks also tend to have old gen hardware even when they are fresh released units which is also drawback for me even if the performance of the hardware doesn't change that much from year to year to buy old gen tech on release of a new product is kinda .... just .. meh. ... Hm but I may be spoiled due loving Louis Rossmans content on YT and my unknowledge of the OS and programms (and gamers like me aren't the target of these devices more or less which is a no go for me personaly).

Razer makes terrible notebooks. Don't waste your money. If you have the money for a Razer and want a quality, thin, powerful notebook, then get a P650RS and deck it out, either from HIDevolution (EVOC line) or LPC-Digital (ask for Prema mod). If you don't care for it, consider GS63VR instead (it's a worse notebook by a long shot) or the Dell you listed.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I would go with the Razer Blade 14, its horrificly slick, its slim and in that price point it can bit anything.

My second choice would be Macbook Pro, only cause Apple inn all its shitness has some really quality stuff.

2 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Razer makes terrible notebooks. Don't waste your money. If you have the money for a Razer and want a quality, thin, powerful notebook, then get a P650RS and deck it out, either from HIDevolution (EVOC line) or LPC-Digital (ask for Prema mod). If you don't care for it, consider GS63VR instead (it's a worse notebook by a long shot) or the Dell you listed.

Man I have personally said it tand i will say it again. Clevo and MSI laptops are great but those two and the 3 he is pointing out are not on the same class, you can't compare them.

Secondly, why Razer makes crappy Laptops, if you compare size-thickness-build quality-support, Razer Dell and Apple is the way to go.The only problwem with the 14 inch Blade is that maybe a 1050Ti would be more reasonable.

1 minute ago, JamieOlive said:

Man I have personally said it tand i will say it again. Clevo and MSI laptops are great but those two and the 3 he is pointing out are not on the same class, you can't compare them.

Secondly, why Razer makes crappy Laptops, if you compare size-thickness-build quality-support, Razer Dell and Apple is the way to go.The only problwem with the 14 inch Blade is that maybe a 1050Ti would be more reasonable.

Because Razer LITERALLY makes shit:

I do not understand where people come with this build quality crap. Their build quality is garbage. Their aesthetic quality ALONE is good. They lack such standard things like... a way to disable trackpad. Their 14" models don't even have a heatsink contact plate... it's bare heatpipes touching the components. The machines are so bloody overpriced it isn't even close.

You're absolutely right that Razer is in a completely different class than Clevo and MSI... a class so far below them in quality that they shouldn't even be in the same category, which is why I like to call Razers "portable stoves" instead of notebooks. Their GPU design is terrible, their heatsink design is awful, they cut out more and more each year to save $$ that you never see translated into end sale price, their RAM is soldered shit (2133MHz 15-15-15-35).... anybody who knows everything like this about Razer notebooks and ever considers them worth a buy is an absolute idiot. You're literally buying pretty trash, and almost any other notebook is a better purchase, for MUCH less $$.

You may find me aggressive when I make these statements, but it's the truth. And too many people (like yourself) are extremely deluded about their notebooks, because nobody reports or cares to report on these things. At all. It's Actually rather disgusting that nobody does, especially when some websites like notebookcheck are supposed to be extremely impartial and treat all notebooks the same way... but they even left out temperature readings and stress testing from their reviews of its latest model. Someone pointed out that another recent review lacked it, but then the GT73VR 7RF (Kaby Lake refresh) review which came out after those reviews had it, which means they specifically elected to NOT run and display those tests. Because they likely couldn't succeed in an acceptable-enough manner.

And when everybody is mistaken and everybody parrots each others' mistakes, we end up with threads like this where people keep saying the blades are good notebooks.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Where are people getting the idea that razer laptops have high build quality? Is it this "oh it feels premium" shit, because that shit makes no sense. If that was how it worked, then god damn old ThinkPads must be build like shit, because they don't feel "premium", yet they are so insanely hard to break.

A blade is so poorly put together and from what I have seen then they use low quality parts. They are legit broken portable stoves....

It doesn't help that they don't know how to do quality control...

A GS63VR is a much better buy in every single way. If it must be in the MacBook Pro style kinda laptop, then please get a XPS15, they have good support and their build quality is pretty good, but ofc you "only" get a 1050.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 hours ago, Damascus said:

I'd personally go with RAZER for the sheer power and option for eGPU.  They are very similar in build quality (I've used all of them) but XPS and MBP are gorgeous in a way RAZER isn't

Can you use eGPU over thunderbolt 3? If so dell xps should support eGPU

Rankings for the laptops

Performance

Razer

Dell

Apple

Battery

Apple

Dell

Razer

Portability

Not sure these are all fairly comprable

Design

Its about preference but I would give apple points for the awesome hinge that I would love to see come to windows laptops

Price to performance

Dell

Razer

Apple

1 hour ago, Vulcan_Knowledge said:

Can you use eGPU over thunderbolt 3? If so dell xps should support eGPU

XPS15 only has 2 lanes dedicated to it's TB3 port. So half the bandwidth of every other TB3 port. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

6 hours ago, D2ultima said:

Because Razer LITERALLY makes shit:

I do not understand where people come with this build quality crap. Their build quality is garbage. Their aesthetic quality ALONE is good. They lack such standard things like... a way to disable trackpad. Their 14" models don't even have a heatsink contact plate... it's bare heatpipes touching the components. The machines are so bloody overpriced it isn't even close.

You're absolutely right that Razer is in a completely different class than Clevo and MSI... a class so far below them in quality that they shouldn't even be in the same category, which is why I like to call Razers "portable stoves" instead of notebooks. Their GPU design is terrible, their heatsink design is awful, they cut out more and more each year to save $$ that you never see translated into end sale price, their RAM is soldered shit (2133MHz 15-15-15-35).... anybody who knows everything like this about Razer notebooks and ever considers them worth a buy is an absolute idiot. You're literally buying pretty trash, and almost any other notebook is a better purchase, for MUCH less $$.

You may find me aggressive when I make these statements, but it's the truth. And too many people (like yourself) are extremely deluded about their notebooks, because nobody reports or cares to report on these things. At all. It's Actually rather disgusting that nobody does, especially when some websites like notebookcheck are supposed to be extremely impartial and treat all notebooks the same way... but they even left out temperature readings and stress testing from their reviews of its latest model. Someone pointed out that another recent review lacked it, but then the GT73VR 7RF (Kaby Lake refresh) review which came out after those reviews had it, which means they specifically elected to NOT run and display those tests. Because they likely couldn't succeed in an acceptable-enough manner.

And when everybody is mistaken and everybody parrots each others' mistakes, we end up with threads like this where people keep saying the blades are good notebooks.

Does this apply to all the blade line up? I just picked up a new kaby lake stealth for school; got it open box for only 650...is this going to be an issue? I haven't noticed anything wrong with it yet.

1 minute ago, Zero_RN said:

Does this apply to all the blade line up? I just picked up a new kaby lake stealth for school; got it open box for only 650...is this going to be an issue? I haven't noticed anything wrong with it yet.

There is no good razer notebook. Honestly. Their build quality issues run through the entire line. I would pick something else, though you could easily sell that Stealth for a lot more than you got it for and buy something else.

1 minute ago, D2ultima said:

There is no good razer notebook. Honestly. Their build quality issues run through the entire line. I would pick something else, though you could easily sell that Stealth for a lot more than you got it for and buy something else.

Yeah it's the only reason I got it...was so cheap and needed an ultrabook for grad school. I'll have to think about if I should try to get rid of it.

14 hours ago, Keppla Gaming said:

Which do you prefer?

I'd go with the Dell XPS just because of it's looks and style

Apple have tricked the consumer that the more aluminium, glass, lighter, slimmer and more unibody the laptop is the better build quality. When its more about aesthetics. It does't matter tho because noone buys a apple laptop to game where you load both the GPU and CPU. The razer blade however it will matter because it's adverticed as a gaming laptop. They chose aesthetics over BUILD QUALITY which will mean that putting it through frequent gaming load will risk hardware failures.

The xps 15 is not adverticed as a gaming machine either, even if it can play most games at 1080p 60 fps on high settings. The build quality is ok for beeing so aestheticly pleasing.

I'm going to buy the XPS 15.