Cpu upgrade probelms

Hi guys and girls,

I have just bought an intel q9550 (cost me £10 from a friend) to replace an e5500 in my friends google docs machine. However when I inserted the new processor and booted the machine, and it powered on but no video signal. The old e5500 works fine, and the q9550 was tested a few days ago on my friends machine and was ago working fine. Upon inspection of the cpu socket I noticed some small anomalies (picture attached) to some of the pins, is it possible that these pins are damaged and the e5500 doesn't use them and the q9500 does. And if not, what else apart from broken cpu could be causing this issue.

Here's the cpu compatablity list for this computer model, so I don't think it's that.

http://global.shuttle.com/news/productsSupportList?productId=1382

2017-02-09 14.55.14.jpg

2017-02-09 14.55.29.jpg

16 minutes ago, sirromeoj said:

Hi guys and girls,

I have just bought an intel q9550 (cost me £10 from a friend) to replace an e5500 in my friends google docs machine. However when I inserted the new processor and booted the machine, and it powered on but no video signal. The old e5500 works fine, and the q9550 was tested a few days ago on my friends machine and was ago working fine. Upon inspection of the cpu socket I noticed some small anomalies (picture attached) to some of the pins, is it possible that these pins are damaged and the e5500 doesn't use them and the q9500 does. And if not, what else apart from broken cpu could be causing this issue.

Here's the cpu compatablity list for this computer model, so I don't think it's that.

http://global.shuttle.com/news/productsSupportList?productId=1382

2017-02-09 14.55.14.jpg

2017-02-09 14.55.29.jpg

ueSZAdC.png

Clean it?

Don't talk about stale memes.

Ok, I think the cpu must have died somehow in the past few days, maybe when it was posted, as I've cleaned out the socket with canned air and inspected the pins with a magnify glass and I can't see any that are obviously bent.