1600$ PC Build (Will order around black friday)

Mathieu_Déry

Hey guys ;) ,I'm planning to build a new pc in 1-2 weeks I have 1600$ CAD with shipping and taxes.

I will mainly use the pc for gaming,and a bit of streaming and editing  here and there but nothing major.

What I need.

Microsoft 7 or 8 ( I don't know which one I should use) I would rather get windows 7 because I only heard bad things from windows 8

2Monitors 21 inches+ I was thinking of getting 2 of these http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-ve228h

I have keyboard/mouse/headset ( I don't use speakers)

I also like cosair cases like the C70, and 500r

That's pretty much it for now!

Note:I will make a build log in the right forum section and I will credit the user who helped me figure out the best parts!

Thanks, Matt

If you're going to order around Black Friday, plan later. Parts and prices will be drastically different by then. Plan 2-3 days at most before you buy. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you're going to order around Black Friday, plan later. Parts and prices will be drastically different by then. Plan 2-3 days at most before you buy. 

Yeah I know, but I just want to get some information on which parts I should look for.

A heads up with your future component list. Buy something that isn't too expensive but don't cheap out if its on a sale unless your really need one like a SSD to go with your SSHD

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Yeah I know, but I just want to get some information on which parts I should look for.

Depends on how much the parts will decrease in cost ;)

So as Woodenmarker said: Wait :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Depends on how much the parts will decrease in cost ;)

So as Woodenmarker said: Wait :)

I guess I will :)

Something roughly like thishttp://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1YUVY

Get a 290 if you don't mine the sound or you have a spare gpu you can use until you can get an aftermarket one.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There are a few Windows 7 vs Windows 8.1 benchmarks knocking about and it shows that Windows 8.1 gives better performance (how much of this is down to DX11.2  i dont know)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1YUYA

Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1YUYA/by_merchant/

Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1YUYA/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($159.99 @ NCIX)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 54.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Memory Express)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Canada Computers)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($88.48 @ Newegg Canada)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V200 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($85.48 @ Newegg Canada)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.75 @ Vuugo)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($329.99 @ NCIX)

Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($104.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($57.34 @ DirectCanada)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.99 @ NCIX)

Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5" Monitor  ($134.99 @ Canada Computers)

Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5" Monitor  ($134.99 @ Canada Computers)

Total: $1588.96

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-07 18:21 EST-0500)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

There are a few Windows 7 vs Windows 8.1 benchmarks knocking about and it shows that Windows 8.1 gives better performance (how much of this is down to DX11.2  i dont know)

I think that I will be going with Windows 7, I don't like the fact that windows 8 dosen't have a start menu. And from what I seen the fps increase are really low right ?

I think that I will be going with Windows 7, I don't like the fact that windows 8 dosen't have a start menu. And from what I seen the fps increase are really low right ?

The fps increases are pretty decent if I remember correctly. 

There are also programs that bring back the start menu like StartIsBack.

The fps increases are pretty decent if I remember correctly. 

There are also programs that bring back the start menu like StartIsBack.

Alright, then i'll get windows 8

Windows 8 or 8.1 is horrible, i have on my touch laptop, and just gets me crazy.

Fast boot, nice, but that's the only feature that matters.

Has only been made for touch screen.

Does not look like a desktop OS, more like a tablet OS, to initialize "Control Panel" or Store takes years!

Everything is like an app, not a program, so it's slow.

When you turn off, just looks like it's fast, but just turns off the screen and the computer still running.

When I've upgraded to 8.1, I thought the Start Menu got back to Windows 7 start menu, but it doesn't, is just another shortcut to the horrible W8 start menu, while I have a Windows button on my keyboard.

Windows 7 is much more a mature OS, when you turn off, it really turns off, and it is a true PC OS.

Windows 8 or 8.1 is horrible, i have on my touch laptop, and just gets me crazy.

Fast boot, nice, but that's the only feature that matters.

Has only been made for touch screen.

Does not look like a desktop OS, more like a tablet OS, to initialize "Control Panel" or Store takes years!

Everything is like an app, not a program, so it's slow.

When you turn off, just looks like it's fast, but just turns off the screen and the computer still running.

When I've upgraded to 8.1, I thought the Start Menu got back to Windows 7 start menu, but it doesn't, is just another shortcut to the horrible W8 start menu, while I have a Windows button on my keyboard.

Windows 7 is much more a mature OS, when you turn off, it really turns off, and it is a true PC OS.

Hmm like @Woodenmaker said you can download the classic start is back , like W7

Maby your laptop is slow , since my experience on both PC and touch laptop with windows 8 is faster than w7.

A lot of games starting to get optimized for windows 8 and surely in the future.

Don't hesitate for going with W8 Matt !

4690k==H105==Z97 Sniper G1== Ballistix Tracer 8GB==MSI GTX 1660 Ti== 1TB SB==MX100 128GB ==450D

Maby your laptop is slow , since my experience on both PC and touch laptop with windows 8 is faster than w7.

A lot of games starting to get optimized for windows 8 and surely in the future.

Alright thanks :)

That Classic Shell saved most of my time but I lost the tweak after upgrading to 8.1 (haven't tried again), the laptop is fast, don't have an SSD, but its new, For a touch screen monitor or laptop, is ten times better then W7, but just because it was made thinking about touch mode, but that's it. 

I'll have to get used to it, but again, W8 looks like more a tablet OS than a PC OS, I also had some compatibility issues with some programs and games. 

If you're going with a touch screen monitor, I definitely recommend W8 over W7, but that's the only case, W7 is a much more mature OS,  and looks like a windows PC OS.

That's you're choice but at first few weeks the W8 will bring you some headaches. 

That Classic Shell saved most of my time but I lost the tweak after upgrading to 8.1 (haven't tried again), the laptop is fast, don't have an SSD, but its new, For a touch screen monitor or laptop, is ten times better then W7, but just because it was made thinking about touch mode, but that's it. 

I'll have to get used to it, but again, W8 looks like more a tablet OS than a PC OS, I also had some compatibility issues with some programs and games. 

If you're going with a touch screen monitor, I definitely recommend W8 over W7, but that's the only case, W7 is a much more mature OS,  and looks like a windows PC OS.

That's you're choice but at first few weeks the W8 will bring you some headaches. 

Honestly I think you made me change my choice, I have to admit I love W7 as a os and windows 8 requires to download mods to get it usable, and the fact that there is more windows 7 applications and games :) thanks man !