Final decision for 3d printer

gtx1060=value

I have now realized that prusa rip offs need a lot of modding, so, i need recommendations for each price point

the requirements being that it should have a nozzle of similar quality to the e3d v6, print well out of the box with minimal modding - auto leveling would be nice (required for 600 dollar and 1000 dollar price points) and also, print size has to be at least 20cm x 20 cm x 20 cm or around that size, + or - 2 cm is ok

price points:

400 canadian dollars and under : (the shitty chinese printers that need lots of additions to make them decent)

600 canadian and under (should have autoleveling or at least the ability to do so with a cheap part)

1000 canadian and under

ALSO - USED IS OK - AS LONG AS IT APPEARS TO NOT BE A SCAM - USE MY LOCATION FOR REFERENCE AND HMU IN MY PM WITH LINKS - AS ALWAYS TAG ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS

@Hackentosher @manikyath @werto165@ARikozuM @deXxterlab97 @nerdslayer1

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

not again...

my last post was really vague and horribly written - this one seems to be more clear and concise - sorry mods

@Ryan_Vickers pls don't merge the threads - i need different ppl to click on this so i get more opinions

nothing wrong with it out of the box just change up a few bits of the electronics and it'll be good. https://www.facebook.com/groups/OFFICIALAnet3DprinterSupportGroup/ 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1068531466501015/ good groups to trawl through to get some tips and tricks. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

i recommend you buy from amazon, also use PayPal if you are ordering from online just for security. 

6 minutes ago, werto165 said:

nothing wrong with it out of the box just change up a few bits of the electronics and it'll be good. https://www.facebook.com/groups/OFFICIALAnet3DprinterSupportGroup/ 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1068531466501015/ good groups to trawl through to get some tips and tricks. 

im probably going to get the anet a8

with these mods

cable routers

expandable cable mesh

a fake e3d v6 print head

auto leveling

bowden filament routing (btw do i need some other thing for that other than a bowden extruder?)

and the mods that nexi did

I was about to complain about why pepole would spend 1k on a 3d printer until I reaized I spent around 2k on a PC and 1.5k on a home studio setup

My life

I've been looking to get the Da Vinci 1.0 Pro 3-in-1. It doesn't seem to use the old XYZ chip-cassettes and uses .stl, G-code, and .3w formats. I'm really wanting it for the laser engraver to possibly finish up printed projects with better details.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16828840094

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

5 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I've been looking to get the Da Vinci 1.0 Pro 3-in-1. It doesn't seem to use the old XYZ chip-cassettes and uses .stl, G-code, and .3w formats. I'm really wanting it for the laser engraver to possibly finish up printed projects with better details.

looks really nice but a bit too expensive for my tastes - but i may upgrade to a 3-1 when the custom 3d printing business becomes more profitable

7 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

looks really nice but a bit too expensive for my tastes - but i may upgrade to a 3-1 when the custom 3d printing business becomes more profitable

The Pro also has a scanner if someone wants an item "repaired" or reproduced.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Haven't looked into it much  but I could image you could get decent results. http://www.3ders.org/articles/20131104-turn-your-3d-printer-into-an-instant-laser-cutter.html

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

46 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

my last post was really vague and horribly written - this one seems to be more clear and concise - sorry mods

@Ryan_Vickers pls don't merge the threads - i need different ppl to click on this so i get more opinions

I mean, not tag me again, I know jackshit about 3d printers. 

you tagged me twice in a new thread between the time i faceplanted in my bed and woke up after a rather short night, i've already told you all i have to say about cheap 3D printers, if that didnt help you enough you're on your own.