PWM Fan Header Names and where to buy them

cron.7
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

The format these connectors are in is commonly known as the 0.1" header, or specifically Pin Through Hole 0.1".

Hey,

I am searching for the name of (PWM, in the pic they are not, but i search for this type of headers) Fan Headers. There are several tubs(? is that how it's called in eng?), but they are not that important for me (prefered the ones in my photo, because ez). I want to buy 3-4 pairs of male-female headers for my little LED project, I'm into now.

Would be great, if anyone could give me the name of them. 

Cheers

20170207_171939-01.jpeg

PWM fan connectors are typically 4-pin fan connectors. 3-pin fan connectors don't have PWM capabilities.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Okay, when I'm searching for those, i get more of what i want. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The format these connectors are in is commonly known as the 0.1" header, or specifically Pin Through Hole 0.1".

The connectors are usually Molex KK 254 - there may be matching connectors from other brands.

You buy the pins and the connector shells separately, don't bother with the molex crimp tool unless you're doing hundreds; you can just use pliers.