New secondary PC | I need recommendations for Parts

FroschGames

Hello LTT Community!

I'm planning to build a cheap secondary PC, mainly for web browsing and maybe some light gaming, and I need some help regarding some parts.

The Parts I've got so far are:

ASRock H110M DGS [48€]

120GB SanDisk Plus [48€]

Sharkoon VS4-S [26€]

Some 8GB Crucial RAM [50€]

Saphhire R9 390 Nitro (I have that left because I upgraded my GPU recently, so I will use it regardless of what you say)

500Watt Corsair Vengeance PSU [60€] (I'm not really sure about that, recommendations are welcome, but keep in mind that the R9 390 can be very power hungry and needs 2x 8-Pin PCIe connectors)

So, my question is, which CPU I should use, either the Pentium G4560 [60€] or the i5 6500 [206€]

and if you recommend me any other power supply than the Corsair Vengeance 500.

btw: I'm german and use the € as a currency, so keep that in mind while suggesting parts

Pentium would be fine for what you're after. Nothing wrong with a 390 tbqh, still a great card, and models with a backplate do a great job of keeping your tea warm while you game.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Frankly the 8gb of ram would probably bottleneck the i5 (though I haven't tested this so I might be wrong) I would say go with the pentium because they're not as terrible as people say (as long as the gaming is very light).

5 minutes ago, fidlerontheroof23 said:

Frankly the 8gb of ram would probably bottleneck the i5 (though I haven't tested this so I might be wrong) I would say go with the pentium because they're not as terrible as people say (as long as the gaming is very light).

It really would not. I ran 8gb in my system 6600k/R9 390 for a year before upgrading to 16gb and it was just fine. :) You know, just don't have milion tabs open in chrome while you game etc.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, fidlerontheroof23 said:

I would say go with the pentium because they're not as terrible as people say

Yeah the Pentium G4560 raised my attention because it has hyperthreading and because of this, it's nearly as good as an i3.

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Nothing wrong with a 390 tbqh, still a great card, and models with a backplate do a great job of keeping your tea warm while you game.

I can relate, after I swapped it out for a GTX 1070, I legitimately had problems keeping my room warm so I had to turn up my heater to 4, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It really would not. I ran 8gb in my system 6600k/R9 390 for a year before upgrading to 16gb and it was just fine. :) You know, just don't have milion tabs open in chrome while you game etc.

OK my bad, this is what happens if you can't afford to buy and test hardware like Linus :(

1 minute ago, fidlerontheroof23 said:

OK my bad, this is what happens if you can't afford to buy and test hardware like Linus :(

np, I am still running 8GB on my main rig with a GTX 1070 and a XeonE3 1231v3 (a poor man's i7), although I think I will upgrade to 16GB soon.

2 minutes ago, fidlerontheroof23 said:

Oh don't tell me about it, I was saving for quite a while :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler