Yeti Pro. Pop Filter + Shock Mount + Boom Arm?

Hi There,

Looking for some insight on my mic setup. I just bought a Yeti Pro but I have heard that it by itself on the stand is kind of crappy, it apparently picks up a lot of click-clacking from the keys and doesn't do as well when it's located more than 6inches away from your mouth. Since I'll be using it at my desk I can't really have it 6 inches from me because my keyboard is there. I measured and it would have to be at least 10 inches, so in front of me on the other side of my keyboard between the monitor and keyboard or to the left of my keyboard. I guess my questions are; if I should get a pop filter? And if so, which one? Also, should I get a shock mount + boom arm? And if so, which one? I have heard good things about the Rode PSA1 boom arm but it is quite expensive where I live so I want to make sure that it is a worthwhile investment or if there is something else I should be looking at? Or if I should just forget about the boom arm all together. The Radius 2 is the blue yeti's shock mount, and from research it appears it may be the best and or/only option because the yeti is so large and heavy it may not work with a lot of them. Just an FYI I'll be using the Yeti Pro for gaming and chat, I just hate having to use a ModMic by sticking 3M tape on my headphones and having to deal with the extra cord (1st world problems I know), and it's a future-proof investment I suppose. I just want to look into this since I will be using it during gaming sessions and I'm a little worried about the click-clacking and vibrations from my mechanical keyboard and mouse which is why I'm asking if a boom arm to lift it off the desk with a shock mount is worth it?

CPU: Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura | RAM: G.Skillz Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Case Fans: NZXT Aer RGB 120mm x 3 + NZXT Aer RGB 140mm | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG Edition | Lights: NZXT Hue+ | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB LUX Mouse: Zowie EC2-A | DAC/AMP: Schiit Magni Uber + Schiit Modi Uber | Headphones: Sennhesier HD598 SE + Fostex T50RP Mk3 w/ Mayflower Mods | Mic: Antlion ModMic 5.0 | OS: Windows 10

How much did you spend on the yeti pro...?

For full retail price it really isn't worth it...

Anyways, it depends on how your going to have your mic layed out, i would get a pretty sturdy boom arm cause the yeti's are pretty heavy, and shock mount or not, you decide...

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

How much did you spend on the yeti pro...?

For full retail price it really isn't worth it...

Anyways, it depends on how your going to have your mic layed out, i would get a pretty sturdy boom arm cause the yeti's are pretty heavy, and shock mount or not, you decide...

I can still cancel the order. Do you really think it's not worth it? I've been kind of back and forth on if it's worth the investment now or if I should get something else like an Audio Technica AT2020 or something else. I was also looking at the ModMic 5 or that new B Tunes wireless mic thing that's on the audio boards suggested products

CPU: Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura | RAM: G.Skillz Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Case Fans: NZXT Aer RGB 120mm x 3 + NZXT Aer RGB 140mm | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG Edition | Lights: NZXT Hue+ | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB LUX Mouse: Zowie EC2-A | DAC/AMP: Schiit Magni Uber + Schiit Modi Uber | Headphones: Sennhesier HD598 SE + Fostex T50RP Mk3 w/ Mayflower Mods | Mic: Antlion ModMic 5.0 | OS: Windows 10

1 minute ago, Artemiis said:

I can still cancel the order. Do you really think it's not worth it? I've been kind of back and forth on if it's worth the investment now or if I should get something else like an Audio Technica AT2020 or something else. I was also looking at the ModMic 5 or that new B Tunes wireless mic thing that's on the audio boards suggested products

Yes please go down in price for your situation a 2020/or the 2035/SM58/ will do plenty, save the money..

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Yes please go down in price for your situation a 2020/or the 2035/SM58/ will do plenty, save the money..

cool thanks