How do you guys memorize things?

I'm really just curious how people on this forums memorize things for school or something else. Mainly cause I procrastinated and I wanna know if you guys know a fast way to do it. I normally just use repetition, 

A combination of repetition, taking notes and a lucky cap

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

If you have time and a non-atrocious microphone, record your notes and play them back when you're on the bus or doing something that doesn't require your full concentration.

I try to understand the topic. Else, I memorize key words by imagining a story. 

For example, if I have to remember the words "bus"  "constitution" and "lettuce", I imagine a cartoonish bus writing a constitution while eating a salad. 

11 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I'm really just curious how people on this forums memorize things for school or something else. Mainly cause I procrastinated and I wanna know if you guys know a fast way to do it. I normally just use repetition, 

For me, I don't. 

Either i I see it the first time and remember, or I don't. :( 

sometimes repetition works but only if it's used extensively 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I don't. I suck at it. That's why math was my favorite subject and I hated biology.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Put a book into a blender, pour into a ziplock, place under pillow and sleep on it. Osmosis takes care of the rest. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

I type it out over and over again till I have I can do it from memory. If its like terms and definitions, then I will use the learn function of Quizlet, which is a great way to memorize

Doing more research and trying to learn it. Engaging and interesting, so you learn without realizing it. 

- snip-

You can create a memory palace, although it is not the easiest thing to do and I personally need complete silence in order to put something in the damn thing it actually works for a limited period of time, for me it's about a month, then if the information is relevant to my life it come right away but even if i haven't needed the infoprmation for a year or so, after some though and searching i can remember bits and pieces from it.

The proccess is you create an image of a large familiar place like your living room or bedroom, or vacation house and then you start placing things you need to remember there. For example (personal by the way , don't judge) you open your bedroom door and you look at your bed where Jessica Alba lies with a stack of papers about logarithms, then you move to your underwear drawer to pick a boxer up and you find organizational chart styles and methods and so on and so on.

I use vivid and arousal ideas in order to help me merge easier with the damn thing, cause my thoughts can diviate rapidly from the matter at hand, but thats only personal.

P.S: Before you mock me try it out, it actually works.

Depends on where I get the info from. I have a really good memory when it comes to things I study. Terrible memory when it comes to everything else though, like names, places, what I did a few days ago etc.

Lectures -> Take notes. If your professor/teacher used a powerpoint slide during the lecture, ask to get a copy of it so that you can look though it again at your own phase.

Books -> Read one chapter. Write down the important parts with your own words. Refresh your memory by reading your own notes.

Learning Japanese words and characters -> Spacial repetition with flashcards.

Put on some music and wild out

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

People always ask me how I remember everything at work since my job is incredibly boring. See, I gave up having a personality or enjoying anything at home so my mind is able to focus more at work. I'm like a walking book of knowledge now. Simply relax and forget everything about yourself, and just think 'coursework and breathing'.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

Not a propaganda here, but i mostly use Google Keep, its almost an habit opening the app every hour or so, i keep everything listed or writen in there, more urgent tasks can trigger a notification if you so wish.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX