Corsair Carbide 400r Front Fan Question

Torand

Hey there fellow forum'ers,

So, I've had the 400r for a few months now, loving the case (although my next project is to make the side panel windowed).

Back on track, the front fans in the 400r are powered solely on SATA power, in this case from my HX650. I would like to use the fans with my Scythe Kaze Master fan controller, as I really like the fans and the LED's, but they are a tad noisy (I've tried using rubber mounts, but the mounting holes are purposely threaded to suit a unique mount for the fans). I'd just like to have more control over the fan speed, for instances like leaving my computer on over night for steam or large downloads.

I'm presuming that the fans are drawing 12v from the SATA power line, in which the Kaze can only push 5v (at a guess), enough for the fans but not the LED's, then begs the question of the switch for the LED's as well, but if they are on their own circuit it shouldn't matter as the plan is ( I think );

- Leave the fans on the 3 pin header and plug them into the Kaze.

- Route the LED cable (split) from the fan header to the SATA power line.

Sounds simple in my head, but may not be, so any help is graciously appreciated and sorry if i drifted or waffled.

Thanks in advance.

Never mind, It runs off Molex not SATA, my mistake. Same voltage problem though, they use a Molex Y splitter to dual fan connectors. Although i've had a look at the fans internals and the LED's are wired to the fans main motor PCB. I don't have a soldering iron, otherwise i'd have a look around and probably figure out how to just run the LED's from the Molex.

Ah well, any good suggestions of white LED 120mm fans to replace the front stock 400r ones?