RGB case lighting and asus AURA

tlink

do those asus AURA rgb headers on the motherboard work with any old rgb strip? i have seen this page which shows ROG certified (bullshit marketing) products, but what is special about these cases that makes them ROG certified? im in the market for a new case and i do want the RGB stuff that the case has to be compatible with asus aura but i do not know what to look for in a case so it can do this. and completely unrelated to cases, what RGB fan's can be connected to an RGB header on asus motherboards? is that even possible? i would love a working uniform system.

As long as they use the same 4-pin header (5050 is the header name) that the Asus boards use, then ues, they should work. However, be cautious. Sometimes the order of the pins is different (RBG instead of GRB, for instance). In that case, you'd have to reorder the wires OR take a lot of time to customize parts individually in the software to make sure they're all the same colour. I'm not sure, but it is possible that the Aura software allows you to correct for those errors by changing the header layout in software so you don't have to do that, but don't quote me. 

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...