Cpu Oc doesn't change speed

So I decided to OC my 4690k, currently on 1.3v and 4.7 GHz. On cpu-z it shows that the multiplier is (8-47) but the clock speed is only at 3.5 GHz (stock) Did I miss some settings in my bios or what?

Quick update, I see this speed when running prime95 with large FFTs (max power consumption) but when I'm browsing the web or through files on my pc I see the speed spike p to the correct 4.7GHz. 

does it boost to 4.7ghz at all? under a heavier CPU load?
ex. when playing games or anything else demanding?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 minute ago, mok said:

does it boost to 4.7ghz at all? under a heavier CPU load?
ex. when playing games or anything else demanding?

As I just posted, when going around through my files or going on chrome it DOES go up to 4.7GHz, I'll do a quick fire strike physics run now to see if it will boost to 4.7

Alright so during the physics test the multiplier was sitting around 4.2-4.3, sometimes spiking to 4.4-4.5. I'm assuming that there's something with lack of power delivery, since I have a fine cooling solution (240mm rad)

4 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

As I just posted, when going around through my files or going on chrome it DOES go up to 4.7GHz, I'll do a quick fire strike physics run now to see if it will boost to 4.7

seems about right

if you want the CPU to run at a constant overclock you have to disable Intel Speedboost and Speedstep (i think thats what its called in bios, not sure)

just be aware that your idle temps will also go up when running a constant 1.3v 4.7ghz

alternatively you can also set the minimum speed your want your CPU to idle at if you choose to leave speedstep and speedboost on, This can be done from the Advanced Power Options in control panel

5 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

Alright so during the physics test the multiplier was sitting around 4.2-4.3, sometimes spiking to 4.4-4.5. I'm assuming that there's something with lack of power delivery, since I have a fine cooling solution (240mm rad)

what motherboard and PSU do you have?

1 minute ago, mok said:

seems about right

if you want the CPU to run at a constant overclock you have to disable Intel Speedboost and Speedstep (i think thats what its called in bios, not sure)

just be aware that your idle temps will also go up when running a constant 1.3v 4.7ghz

alternatively you can also set the minimum speed your want your CPU to idle at if you choose to leave speedstep and speedboost on, This can be done from the Advanced Power Options in control panel

I'll see what I can do, thanks for your help!

11 minutes ago, mok said:

what motherboard and PSU do you have?

I have a Gigabyte z97 gaming 5 and a Cooler master B600. I'm also running a 770 if you need to know. I alos jumped into the bios and saw that I had 2 options, base clock and multiplier clock (at least I think that's what they were called). As it turned out the multiplier was 4.7 but the base was somewhere in the 90's, causing my effective speed to be around 4.5. I changed the base to 100 so my speed should be 4.7, but I still see it dipping in fire strike.