Need help to choose a psu

Go to solution Solved by Herman Mcpootis,
4 hours ago, Chris Blackwing said:

Sorry for being a lil late (had college), got some free time today and was browsing thru some psus on newegg and saw this

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/N6X2FT/evga-power-supply-220gs0550v1

Fits in my budget, satisfies my systems 321W need is a gold + and is fully modular.

So how abt it ? 

Yes, definitely. It's a pretty good tier 2 psu.

So m building a rig and dont have much experience with the psu part, trying to make it look good so i was going for a modular psu,

The specs are :- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hBpxWX

Also i do plan to upgrade the gpu in the future (swap it out with a different one after 2-3 years).

.Itll be used for gaming, recording/streaming, editing(Mainly Vegas Pro and Photoshop).

So wht i wanna know is, is the power supply that i chose good enough, as i did see some ppl online blasting the Corsair CXM series for being bad for gaming rigs.

Also if someone would like to suggest something else in the similar budget range(dont care if its modular at this point, will just spary paint it with plasti dip and make it work, do have experience with spray painting psu wires, gpu's, ram's n pc cases so shouldnt be a problem).

P.S.Had a strict budget of $1300 so m already going $33 higher might not be able to go any higher than that. 

Thnx in advance                  

-Chris

19 minutes ago, Chris Blackwing said:

So wht i wanna know is, is the power supply that i chose good enough, as i did see some ppl online blasting the Corsair CXM series for being bad for gaming rigs.

The older corsair CX with the green labels had mediocre chinese/taiwan capacitators that could only hold full power at 30 degrees celsius, so apparently some people decided to throw shit at the CX because of that even though it was marked as an entry-level psu(which it was perfectly fine as). The newer CX with the grey labels have much better quality and are perfectly fine for most gaming rigs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Chris Blackwing said:

Wht if i go semi or non modular ? The one u suggested costs $210 where i live (India).

Which choices do you have? See if the seasonic s/m12ii/ECO, antec HCG, XFX ts or corsair cx450/550m are avaliable, they're all good budget choices.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Yeah if you can get a m12ii or a s12ii from seasonic you should be good. Just pick the wattage you need.

13 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Which choices do you have? See if the seasonic s/m12ii/ECO, antec HCG, XFX ts or corsair cx450/550m are avaliable, they're all good budget choices.

i was thinking maybe this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Mp2rxr/deepcool-power-supply-dq550st

Also how abt the VS series from corsair ? i can get a VS650 for abt the same cost.

Also the seasonic s12ii 520w fits really well in my budget so if u think its going to cut it ill go with that.

3 minutes ago, Chris Blackwing said:

i was thinking maybe this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Mp2rxr/deepcool-power-supply-dq550st

Also how abt the VS series from corsair ? i can get a VS650 for abt the same cost

The Deepcool is decent enough... personally would get something like the Seasonic S12II or Corsair CX450M/550M simply because they're more established and reputable brands within the PSU world.

But the Corsair VS series sucks. I wouldn't get it.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 hour ago, Chris Blackwing said:

Also how abt the VS series from corsair ? i can get a VS650 for abt the same cost.

Also the seasonic s12ii 520w fits really well in my budget so if u think its going to cut it ill go with that.

That unit is tier 3, it's decent enough.

On 2/1/2017 at 2:52 PM, herman mcpootis said:

it's decent enough

Sorry for being a lil late (had college), got some free time today and was browsing thru some psus on newegg and saw this

Fits in my budget, satisfies my systems 321W need is a gold + and is fully modular.

So how abt it ? 

4 hours ago, Chris Blackwing said:

So how abt it ? 

Yes, definitely. It's a pretty good tier 2 psu.