WINDOWS BLOCKING MY GPU

I have been having graphics problems all month. My GPU is a month old 1050ti. Although, I don't think that the card is my problem. Windows has been blocking certain applications like CSGO and Watch Dogs 2 from using the gpu. I contacted Microsoft and they treated me like a noob, then came into my PC and deleted all my NVIDIA Drivers. I had to spend an hour getting all of them back. Now CSGO runs, but freezes every 2 seconds... Windows gives me a notification that says: "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware." I have no idea what is going on and my graphics drivers are up to date. Please help me!

My specs are listed on my signature below.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

5 minutes ago, Samtell said:

I have been having graphics problems all month. My GPU is a month old 1050ti. Although, I don't think that the card is my problem. Windows has been blocking certain applications like CSGO and Watch Dogs 2 from using the gpu. I contacted Microsoft and they treated me like a noob, then came into my PC and deleted all my NVIDIA Drivers. I had to spend an hour getting all of them back. Now CSGO runs, but freezes every 2 seconds... Windows gives me a notification that says: "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware." I have no idea what is going on and my graphics drivers are up to date. Please help me!

My specs are listed on my signature below.

Why did you pair an i7 6700k with a GTX 1050ti?

Search google for an application called DDU, to actually fully clear your PC from drivers then download Geforce Experience and let it install the drivers for you, if drivers are the issue here this will fix it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Why did you pair an i7 6700k with a GTX 1050ti?

Search google for an application called DDU, to actually fully clear your PC from drivers then download Geforce Experience and let it install the drivers for you, if drivers are the issue here this will fix it.

Drivers are not the issue like I stated.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

4 minutes ago, Samtell said:

Drivers are not the issue like I stated.

DDU and reinstalling is a good baseline when you're dealing with graphics issues, it rules out issues caused by configurations you set.

Use an older set of drivers. If windows detects problems with driver support (or drivers not working properly) it will block access to try and keep the system from locking up completely.

Use DDU and use the drivers from about a month ago or older.

Nvidias drivers have been causing problems for my friends 980ti as well, he rolled them back and has been working fine ever since.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

4 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Nvidias drivers have been causing problems for my friends 980ti as well, he rolled them back and has been working fine ever since.

Things like this keep telling me you shouldn't update your drivers just because there's a new version.

Unless you're dying to play that recent game and the new drivers have a game profile for it, don't bother updating.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Things like this keep telling me you shouldn't update your drivers just because there's a new version.

Unless you're dying to play that recent game and the new drivers have a game profile for it, don't bother updating.

This is one of the reasons I update windows in batches every month or so, making an image of the windows partition before doing so

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You kind of need some GPU with drivers installed to run CS:GO

yeah windows will install some through windows updates in most cases I think/hope

13 minutes ago, kris2340k said:

yeah windows will install some through windows updates in most cases I think/hope

Windows doesn't download drivers for the 1050Ti, it'll just run with the generic microsoft display driver which is total garbage.

To add, Windows doesn't block application from using your GPU. That is why you were treated as a noob, as you say.

Get the drivers from Nvidia. Make sure your monitor(s) is connected to your GeForce, and not your motherboard as well.

Check your motherboard UEFI to make sure that the video output happens on your graphics card, and not the integrated graphics. Refer to your motherboard manual.

31 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

Windows doesn't download drivers for the 1050Ti, it'll just run with the generic microsoft display driver which is total garbage.

In the past, Windows Update will show available display drivers under "Optional Updates". However, they're not always the latest ones. Not sure if it still does that in Windows 10 you can't choose which updates to install anymore.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

27 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

In the past, Windows Update will show available display drivers under "Optional Updates". However, they're not always the latest ones. Not sure if it still does that in Windows 10 you can't choose which updates to install anymore.

It never showed any drivers for my 1050Ti in windows update (that is with windows 8.1 home) and never even automatically went to download and install on the first boot as it just went straight to windows (again when I installed a GT610 on my fathers computer that had windows 8.1 pro just so it could get its windows 10 upgrade, it automatically started downloading and installing the driver and software on first boot) and if I remember the same is true of windows 10 because someone here posted stating that they got a 1050Ti and the OS was only using the basic windows display driver (I think it was in late December as it was before I got my 1050Ti).