" I'm new here and I need help "

I've recently gotten interested in learning how to build a PC. Well.. just 3 days ago actually. 
I have zero experience and very basic knowledge in pc building. 
I've been gaming on laptops and consoles for my life and I've just recently gotten my hands on an old desktop which I want to upgrade into a basic gaming pc.

Mobo: ASUS H61 M-E
CPU: Intel Celeron CPU G1610 @ 2.60GHz, 2600 MHz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical
GPU: None? I think.. There was nothing in the PCI slot. 
Ram: 4gb, I think.

This was bought in 2013 I think? And I want to upgrade it by getting a new CPU and a GPU. 
I was thinking of these two

GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
I heard that these were budget gaming pc parts so I noted them down.

Will these work with my motherboard? Or will I have to get a new one?

I checked the socket in cpu-upgrade but I'm still in doubt.

If anyone has any recommendations for a cheap but decent motherboard, that would be fantastic. 

I have very limited budget so I was thinking of getting these but I don't know if they work? I've researched a bit but it all looks so confusing to me. I've watched tons of videos on Youtube so I have some basic knowledge, but I still don't know much.

Can anyone explain to me in basic terms if these will work out for gaming? Like for example some FPS games like Battlefield or maybe some survival games like Ark or Subnautica, even some MMORPGs like Tera or Blade n Soul.

Thanks in advance~ I'm really taking an interest in pc building and I just am really excited. I've been binge watching for the last 2 days everything that I could find. Mostly LinusTechTips, Techquickie, and RandomGaminginHD(for the budget CPUs/GPUs)

589942442409902895.jpg

Your parts selection is very good for someone who have limited knowledge.
As for compatability you might require to do a BIOS update before that CPU will work but that isnt super hard. 
See if you can find a cheaper socket 1155 Core i5. The one you picked is an unlocked chip and might be priced with a premium. You wont be overclocking with the stock cooler anyways.

Might wanna consider an extra stick of RAM to bring that up to 8GB.

4 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

Your parts selection is very good for someone who have limited knowledge.
As for compatability you might require to do a BIOS update before that CPU will work but that isnt super hard. 
See if you can find a cheaper socket 1155 Core i5. The one you picked is an unlocked chip and might be priced with a premium. You wont be overclocking with the stock cooler anyways.

Might wanna consider an extra stick of RAM to bring that up to 8GB.

Also a K cpu allows overclocking whivh boosts cpu performance. However it is not possible in B/H chipset. (yours a H61). So getting a non K cpu would save money. 

See what Power Supply it has. I believe it should have enough power but can't be sure. You might want to get a new one since its quality isn't best. A cheap Seasonic ssp 350w would do fine for a 1050ti

I have no idea how to do a BIOS update. Honestly. I'll try to look up some tutorials on Youtube. I won't be overclocking anything just yet, haha I'm very new to this so I'll keep it simple for now. 
Thanks for responding~ I'll keep that you said in mind.

Welcome! Great to see you on the forum! Basically what ^he said

Don't get a K skew processor with that motherboard though. It's a H61 Series mobo which won't have overclocking support

More ram (DDR3) (8GB usually needed now a days as the minimum for lots of games) 

Just a quick correction :P The slots from top to bottom on your current motherboard are a PCIE 16X Gen 3 and 2 PCIE 1x Gen 2 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Also a K cpu allows overclocking whivh boosts cpu performance. However it is not possible in B/H chipset. (yours a H61). So getting a non K cpu would save money. 

See what Power Supply it has. I believe it should have enough power but can't be sure. You might want to get a new one since its quality isn't best. A cheap Seasonic ssp 350w would do fine for a 1050ti

I think the power supply I have on mine is 700w+ ? I'm not sure. 

I'll try looking for a cpu without the overclocking ability, it's kind of hard to find parts from where I'm from.

1 minute ago, EntentePower said:

I'll try looking for a cpu without the overclocking ability, it's kind of hard to find parts from where I'm from.

If your powersupply is that you'll be fine for quite a long time and don't have to worry about changing it unless it dies

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

2 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Welcome! Great to see you on the forum! Basically what ^he said

Don't get a K skew processor with that motherboard though. It's a H61 Series mobo which won't have overclocking support

More ram (DDR3) (8GB usually needed now a days as the minimum for lots of games) 

Just a quick correction :P The slots from top to bottom on your current motherboard are a PCIE 16X Gen 3 and 2 PCIE 1x Gen 2 

So, 4gb of ram isn't enough? I'll get another one then, I have an extra slot anyways. 

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

If your powersupply is that you'll be fine for quite a long time and don't have to worry about changing it unless it dies

Ok that's good then hahaha, thank you~!

Wattage isnt the big concern but the units ability to not kill itself (quality).
Where are you from? We might be able to provide some links to local dealers in your country.

So, 4gb of ram isn't enough? I'll get another one then, I have an extra slot anyways. 

Remember windows needs a minimum of 2GBs or ram for itself to run. That limits you to only 2 GBs for gaming (depending on the game of course some use almost no ram while others use stupid amounts)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

2 minutes ago, EntentePower said:

Yeah. 8gb is minimum 

3 minutes ago, EntentePower said:

If price is the same or similar then there is no harm getting one with oc ability

1 minute ago, HydraGaming said:

Wattage isnt the big concern but the units ability to not kill itself (quality).
Where are you from? We might be able to provide some links to local dealers in your country.

I currently live in China. I'm a foreigner so I can't really speak Chinese all that well. Especially with the amount of technical terms pc building has. 

Remember windows needs a minimum of 2GBs or ram for itself to run. That limits you to only 2 GBs for gaming (depending on the game of course some use almost no ram while others use stupid amounts)

So for most of the time 8gb will work just fine? And do I need to know which type of ram I need to get? I know there are different ones for laptops and for desktops, but are there other types in desktops too? 

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yeah. 8gb is minimum 

If price is the same or similar then there is no harm getting one with oc ability

It's probably similar on online market but I'll search for alternatives anyways, just to be safe. 

3 minutes ago, EntentePower said:

So for most of the time 8gb will work just fine? And do I need to know which type of ram I need to get? I know there are different ones for laptops and for desktops, but are there other types in desktops too? 

Yep!

You'll need DDR3 Ram. Not SO-DIMM DDR3 (for laptops)  or LPDDR3.

Heres a link to what your motherboard is: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/H61ME/specifications/

Go down to the memory section and it will tell you what speeds of ram are useable in it

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

Yep!

You'll need DDR3 Ram. Not SO-DIMM DDR3 (for laptops) 

Ah, no wonder why I was so confused when I took out the ram on my old laptop hoping it could give some life to my desktop. It just wouldn't fit in! Hahaha

DDR3 Ram, I'll note that down.

Ah, no wonder why I was so confused when I took out the ram on my old laptop hoping it could give some life to my desktop. It just wouldn't fit in! Hahaha

just added stuff to my last post ^

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

Dang, you guys are awesome. Thanks for replying quite quickly. It's my first time in a forum so I wasn't sure how it works. This really helps a lot and I'm excited to learn more about pc building. Just need to save up some more chachings so I can upgrade even further. 

Make sure your (im guessing windows) operating system is x64 (also called 64bit) so you can take advantage of more then 4GB ram

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

Dang, you guys are awesome. Thanks for replying quite quickly. It's my first time in a forum so I wasn't sure how it works. This really helps a lot and I'm excited to learn more about pc building. Just need to save up some more chachings so I can upgrade even further. 

Good luck! 

just added stuff to my last post ^

Alright, checking out the specs now. 

2 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory 
Dual Channel Memory Architecture 

I.. don't quite understand what this means hahaha

Have fun and don't be afraid to ask any sort of questions on the forum! We (most of us :P) love to help!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

Make sure your (im guessing windows) operating system is x64 (also called 64bit) so you can take advantage of more then 4GB ram

For this desktop, it's 32-bit. 

Have fun and don't be afraid to ask any sort of questions on the forum! We (most of us :P) love to help!

I'm thankful that this forum has nice people like you guys. It makes this journey that much more interesting. 
Facebook groups aren't so helpful in times like these~