" I'm new here and I need help "

8 minutes ago, EntentePower said:

Alright, checking out the specs now. 

2 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory 
Dual Channel Memory Architecture 

I.. don't quite understand what this means hahaha

Two slots, DDR3 and then it lists different frequencies. For example DDR3 2200MHz. Basically this is the type of RAM you can use for that motherboard.

2 minutes ago, Wumkin said:

Two slots, DDR3 and then it lists different frequencies. For example DDR3 2200MHz. Basically this is the type of RAM you can use for that motherboard.

So the maximum about of ram I can put is 16gb? I think 8 will suffice anyways. 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, EntentePower said:

So the maximum about of ram I can put is 16gb? I think 8 will suffice anyways. 

Thanks!

Less if you already have a 4GB stick in.

17 minutes ago, EntentePower said:

Alright, checking out the specs now. 

2 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory 
Dual Channel Memory Architecture 

I.. don't quite understand what this means hahaha

Ok so :) 2 x DIMM means 2 slots for the ram ie. 2 ram sticks. each stick is called a DIMM.

Max. 16GB 16GB is the max amount of ram you can have in the system (ie. 2 8GB Sticks) Right now as you have  a 4GB stick I recommend getting another 4GB stick of the same speed you currently have

DDR3 2200 and all the other DDR3 with numbers after - the numbers are the speed in MHz of the ram. 1333MHz, 1600Mhz, 1866MHz, 2133MHZ, are the most popular DDR3 speeds. The O.C. means you can Overclock your ram. (doesn't help that much in reality and don't recommend it)

Dual Channel Memory Architecture means what architecture they are. This board may need matching sizes and speeds of ram to run. Many boards don't care though at all if you only have 2 DIMM slots. (ie one of my motherboard currently has DDR2 Ram. 1 stick of 2GB 800MHz and 1 stick of 1 GB 533MHz Ram in it.

Non-ECC, ECC means Error Correcting-Code. It makes sure any sort of corruption in the data on it is fixed. It however doesn't  do anything for gaming and is not needed. ECC ram is usually quite a lot more expensive and used for servers and workstations. All ram you'll get for your pc will not be ECC (it'll say when looking at it before buying)

Un-buffered Memory This ram does not store data before it is sent to the cpu. Buffered Ram does and is again meant for servers and highend workstations also its slightly slower. All ram you get will be called unbuffered

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 minute ago, Wumkin said:

Less if you already have a 4GB stick in.

Yeah I already have 4 onboard. I'll take a trip downtown tomorrow to look for some parts

4 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Ok so :) 2 x DIMM means 2 slots for the ram ie. 2 ram sticks. each stick is called a DIMM.

Max. 16GB 16GB is the max amount of ram you can have in the system (ie. 2 8GB Sticks)

DDR3 2200 and all the other DDR3 with numbers after - the numbers are the speed in MHz of the ram. 1333MHz, 1600Mhz, 1866MHz, 2133MHZ, are the most popular DDR3 speeds

Dual Channel Memory Architecture means what architecture they are. This board may need matching sizes and speeds of ram to run. Many boards don't care though at all if you only have 2 DIMM slots. (ie one of my motherboard currently has DDR2 Ram. 1 stick of 2GB 800MHz and 1 stick of 1 GB 533MHz Ram in it.

Non-ECC, ECC means Error Correcting-Code. It makes sure any sort of corruption in the data on it is fixed. It however doesn't  do anything for gaming and is not needed. ECC ram is usually quite a lot more expensive and used for servers and workstations. All ram you'll get for your pc will not be ECC (it'll say when looking at it before buying)

Un-buffered Memory This ram does not store data before it is sent to the cpu. Buffered Ram does and is again meant for servers and highend workstations. All ram you get will be called unbuffered

Oohhh alright. 

What difference does it make if I get 1333MHz, 1600Mhz, 1866MHz, or 2133MHZ of ram? I thought the different speeds depended on how much gb the ram has?

Yeah, I don't need to run a server Haha. I'm more focused on gaming and maybe some video rendering.

Edited by EntentePower

Oohhh alright. 

What difference does it make if I get 1333MHz, 1600Mhz, 1866MHz, or 2133MHZ of ram? I thought the different speeds depended on how much gb the ram has?

Nope different speeds of ram does not have anything to do with size. Just don't get anything less then 1600MHz and you'll be fine. Tip: Mhz is speed GBs is amount (or capacity)

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

2 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Nope different speeds of ram does not have anything to do with size. Just don't get anything less then 1600MHz and you'll be fine. Tip: Mhz is speed GBs is amount (or capacity)

So even if I have a lot of ram and low speed, it still won't perform well? 

15 minutes ago, EntentePower said:

Oohhh alright. 

Yeah, I don't need to run a server Haha. I'm more focused on gaming and maybe some video rendering.

If you do do video rendering you'll want that 64Bit OS and 16GBs or ram. It does help quite a bit in that circumstance. Of course it does depend on what program your running once you get over the 16GB mark.  ADOBE Priemere for example uses ram for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and will keep using more up to 64GBs worth so the more you throw at it the better. 

Depending on your program having a cpu and gpu also speeds things up massively

11 minutes ago, EntentePower said:

So even if I have a lot of ram and low speed, it still won't perform well? 

Yes. When using your computer, everything going on when its running is stored in the ram. Thats what the larger GB modules are good for. Less amount of times it needs to access the super slow Hard Drive or SSD each second is better (in comparison to the ram speed). The more Mhz the ram has the faster it will be in getting that data to and from the cpu. A 1333 Mhz ram module can have the same 8GB size as a 1866 MHz Ram Stick but will be significantly slower in getting that data places.

Intel CPUs I recommend no less then 1600 MHz due to anything less just being too slow for nowadays

AMD CPUs need minimum 1866MHz Ram to be effective in games (mostly used when your using the graphics on the cpu instead of having a dedicated GPU.)

Either way faster ram is always better. More ram just depends on what your doing. Usually you won't need more then 8GBs these days but there are games coming out with a recommended 16GB due to how much they need

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

If you do do video rendering you'll want that 64Bit OS and 16GBs or ram. It does help quite a bit in that circumstance. Of course it does depend on what program your running once you get over the 16GB mark.  ADOBE Priemere for example uses ram for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and will keep using more up to 64GBs worth so the more you throw at it the better. 

Depending on your program having a cpu and gpu also speeds things up massively

Yes. When using your computer, everything going on when its running is stored in the ram. Thats what the larger GB modules are good for. Less amount of times it needs to access the super slow Hard Drive or SSD each second is better (in comparison to the ram speed). The more Mhz the ram has the faster it will be in getting that data to and from the cpu. A 1333 Mhz ram module can have the same 8GB size as a 1866 MHz Ram Stick but will be significantly slower in getting that data places.

Intel CPUs I recommend no less then 1600 MHz due to anything less just being too slow for nowadays

AMD CPUs need minimum 1866MHz Ram to be effective in games (mostly used when your using the graphics on the cpu instead of having a dedicated GPU.)

Ohhh alright, understood. So the best possible option is to get 16gb of ram with a speed of  2133MHZ ?

Would you also suggest getting an AMP APU instead? And pairing it with a GPU for an extra push? Because I heard that AMD is good for budget gaming but also heard that it's single threads are not so good compared to intel. I'm looking for something that gives me a good back for the buck~ 

12 minutes ago, EntentePower said:

Ohhh alright, understood. So the best possible option is to get 16gb of ram with a speed of  2133MHZ ?

Would you also suggest getting an AMP APU instead? And pairing it with a GPU for an extra push? Because I heard that AMD is good for budget gaming but also heard that it's single threads are not so good compared to intel. I'm looking for something that gives me a good back for the buck~ 

Nope the fastest ram you can get for that motherboard will be 2200MHz. Although once you get up to the 2000 MHz speeds and beyond you don't see much of a benefit if any in most things.

I don't recommend getting AMD right now for a cpu because right now they are really under performing for the cost. Unless you can get a relatively high end AMD cpu AND motherboard for less then the cost of the new intel CPU I don't recommend it at all. And the Amd cpu needs to be at least a FX 8350 if not a higher end 9000 series with an included aftermarket aircooler.

If you want to wait till AMDs' new Ryzen CPUs come out, they are looking very very promising so people will be getting rid of their old systems and parts for relatively cheap when they upgrade so you could go for that. (just make sure to come on the forum with whats being sold for what price before you buy so we can say weather or not its a good deal) :) Alternatively you can have saved up some more cash by then and get a brand new system using all new hardware using either intel or amd for the cpu and amd or nvidia for the gpu.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

Nope the fastest ram you can get for that motherboard will be 2200MHz. Although once you get up to the 2000 MHz speeds and beyond you don't see much of a benefit if any in most things.

I don't recommend getting AMD right now for a cpu because right now they are really under performing for the cost. Unless you can get a relatively high end AMD cpu AND motherboard for less then the cost of the new intel CPU I don't recommend it at all. And the Amd cpu needs to be at least a FX 8350 if not a higher end 9000 series with an included aftermarket aircooler.

If you want to wait till AMDs' new Ryzen CPUs come out, they are looking very very promising so people will be getting rid of their old systems and parts for relatively cheap when they upgrade so you could go for that. (just make sure to come on the forum with whats being sold for what price before you buy so we can say weather or not its a good deal) :) Alternatively you can have saved up some more cash by then and get a brand new system using all new hardware using either intel or amd for the cpu and amd or nvidia for the gpu.

I guess I'll stick to intel for now haha. I heard that AMD is getting a comeback for 2017, but I don't really know much about those things as I just started out. 
I'll see what kind of intel CPU I can get for a decent budget price. There are sure to be a few online or somewhere in downtown. 

I would wait but then again, I already all the money I can get for at least until April. And I'm not exactly a patient kind of guy. So I'll try my luck with some budget CPU and GPU for now.

3 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

I have another question, someone pointed out to me that the RX 470 is a better substitute than the GTX 1050 Ti, I've also searched around YouTube for it. Are there any drawbacks that I'll be facing if I consider the RX 470, it's a tiny bit more pricey but I'm thinking that it's worth it. But I'm still unsure.. 

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

-Thread moved to New Builds and Planning. Please remember to post in the correct subforum. 

The RX 470 is definitely worth it over the GTX 1050 Ti, it's a good 20% better @EntentePower

Oop, sorry about that. I'll keep that in mind. 

Will the RX 470 be compatible with my Mobo? H61 M-E Asus

Oop, sorry about that. I'll keep that in mind. 

Will the RX 470 be compatible with my Mobo? H61 M-E Asus

Yes, all graphics cards with the PCIe connector will be compatible with all motherboards with the PCIe socket. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Yes, all graphics cards with the PCIe connector will be compatible with all motherboards with the PCIe socket. 

Alright, then. Thank you~!

if u wanted to learn how to build a pc i would recommend watching some of careyholzmans buiding videos on youtube(thats how i learned) he goes into great detail on how to build a pc what goes were and what not

14 minutes ago, War91 said:

if u wanted to learn how to build a pc i would recommend watching some of careyholzmans buiding videos on youtube(thats how i learned) he goes into great detail on how to build a pc what goes were and what not

I've watched tons of videos from LinusTechTips and Techquickie so I got the basics already. I'm just wondering now about the different parts that aren't compatible with each other. 

4 hours ago, EntentePower said:

I've watched tons of videos from LinusTechTips and Techquickie so I got the basics already. I'm just wondering now about the different parts that aren't compatible with each other. 

what parts in particular are u wondering about?

6 hours ago, War91 said:

what parts in particular are u wondering about?

The only thing I'm worrying about now is the PSU. I have a current 400w PSU and it's been doing well for the past few years. But I'm considering getting a new one since I'm upgrading the parts that I have now .

23 hours ago, EntentePower said:

The only thing I'm worrying about now is the PSU. I have a current 400w PSU and it's been doing well for the past few years. But I'm considering getting a new one since I'm upgrading the parts that I have now .

cant go wrong with this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438054  its a 650w and its in the tier 1 of the psu list on toms hardware(http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html)