Best way to rank users based on amount of tasks completed

Dobbsjr

I'm currently in the process of creating a mobile app that tries to incentivize actually following your schedule. It would create a leaderboard among your social media friends based on how well you did. The first method I thought of was to rank users would be to assign points based on how many tasks they have completed, but that would unfairly punish users with less intense schedules. The next way I thought of was using percentages, but that would unfairly reward users with less intense schedules. What are some of your ideas on the best method to do this? 

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

perhaps by making bonusses for those who completed all tasks of the day (for the less intense schedule folks) or bonusses for an above average amount of work done (appeasing the insense schedule folks) that both have a significant weight on the overall score.

8 minutes ago, Dobbsjr said:

snip

Just show a "top 10" and make them random names and set random really high numbers. No one could cross reference them.

1 hour ago, Dobbsjr said:

I'm currently in the process of creating a mobile app that tries to incentivize actually following your schedule. It would create a leaderboard among your social media friends based on how well you did. The first method I thought of was to rank users would be to assign points based on how many tasks they have completed, but that would unfairly punish users with less intense schedules. The next way I thought of was using percentages, but that would unfairly reward users with less intense schedules. What are some of your ideas on the best method to do this? 

one point for each task. if you do a percentage id do one task per day and get 100% easy. Are you trying to gamify a job/task schedule?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Is it a day planner sort of thing? If so you can have the users specify how much time they plan on spending on the task, and give point depending on the duration each completed task takes.

group by number of tasks 1-5 top ten and so on. Sure people are going to abuse the system and just finish tasks that never existed so I would add in a creation completed timer of some sorts.

is there a Windows phone version?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

33 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

group by number of tasks 1-5 top ten and so on. Sure people are going to abuse the system and just finish tasks that never existed so I would add in a creation completed timer of some sorts.

is there a Windows phone version?

xD It's no where close to finished yet. I'll maybe update here or pm you if you're interested. Thanks for the help. 

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

4 hours ago, Dobbsjr said:

xD It's no where close to finished yet. I'll maybe update here or pm you if you're interested. Thanks for the help. 

No one every makes anything for windows phone xD it's stuck in a catch 22, no one uses it because lack of apps while no one makes apps for it because no one uses it.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´