I drilled a hole in my Radiator

As the title says, my case JUST couldn't fit my radiator + fans because it was 5mm too thick. I removed the fan filter bracket (15mm thick) because I didn't need it as it was an exhaust and therefore had to drill holes into my case to line up the radiator  (EKWB Coolstream PE 360). On screwing the radiator into the case I accidentally managed to puncture one of the tubes inside the radiator (the hole in less than 1m x 1m, it's tiny but it leaks water nonetheless. I know I am screwed but is there anything I can do about it? I really don't want to wait a week for another delivery from EKWB to get a new radiator and my computer is currently lying in pieces on the table as I can't use it as I've put my GPU block and Motherboard Monoblock on already.

@EK Luc@EK_Derick

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

3 minutes ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

As the title says, my case JUST couldn't fit my radiator + fans because it was 5mm too thick. I removed the fan filter bracket (15mm thick) because I didn't need it as it was an exhaust and therefore had to drill holes into my case to line up the radiator  (EKWB Coolstream PE 360). On screwing the radiator into the case I accidentally managed to puncture one of the tubes inside the radiator (the hole in less than 1m x 1m, it's tiny but it leaks water nonetheless. I know I am screwed but is there anything I can do about it? I really don't want to wait a week for another delivery from EKWB to get a new radiator and my computer is currently lying in pieces on the table as I can't use it as I've put my GPU block and Motherboard Monoblock on already.

@EK Luc@EK_Derick

Other than taking it back out and soldering the hole to repair it there aren't many other permanent options for repairing it. 

you've been watching wayyyy to many episodes of scrapyard wars

Main PC
CPU: i3-4160. RAM: 2x4GB Kingston ValueRam. GPU: Asus GTX750Ti OC 2GB (Palit StormOC 750Ti Bios). CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X.
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3. Storage: 1x Samsung 840 Evo. RAID 0: WD Scorpio Blue 500GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB. PSU: Corsair CX500M.
Network: some TP-Link card that doesnt support 5.0Ghz. Case: Casecom Neptune CP-626 (the cooler doesnt fit so the side panel stays off).
Mouse: Logitech G430. Headphones: Sennheiser RS195. Keyboard: Lenovo KU0225. OS: Windows 10 Pro

stuff that isnt my main pc
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531 - Ubuntu 17.04 (Gnome Desktop)
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - Not in Use
Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie

Phones/Tablets
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M7 - Dead Charging Port - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M8 - Dead Sim Port -  Lineage 15 (Android 8.0.0)
Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE Blade A462) - Android M Stock
iPhone 4S - Dead Battery Sensor (Stuck on too hot warning) - Latest iOS 9
iPhone 5 - MAIN PHONE - iOS 10.3.3

Consoles
Xbox One
Xbox 360 S
PlayStation 2 Fat

Headset: Plantronics RIG400HX 

any local automotive radiator repair shop can fix it. As there all copper they will solider it and pressure test.

or you could crack an egg into the radiator bush mechanics style.

9 minutes ago, redtute said:

any local automotive radiator repair shop can fix it. As there all copper they will solider it and pressure test.

Would that not cost almost the same price as a new radiator? They're only $79 for a new one.

Give one a call.

I guess $20 its a very easy fix and losing one core won't make a difference to cooling.

I have had a few car radiators in the past year

42 minutes ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

@EK Luc@EK_Derick

If you have one or can get one from a friend just use a old Intel stock cooler and use that so your PC works until you can get a new water cooling unit. Other then that your pretty much out of luck.

9 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

If you have one or can get one from a friend just use a old Intel stock cooler and use that so your PC works until you can get a new water cooling unit. Other then that your pretty much out of luck.

I'm using a monoblock not a cpu waterblock so I have removed the "northbridge" heatsinks.

3 minutes ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

I'm using a monoblock not a cpu waterblock so I have removed the "northbridge" heatsinks.

Well then your kind of out of luck until you can get the radiator replaced

3 hours ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

it's tiny but it leaks water nonetheless.

@EK Luc@EK_Derick

LOL, a hole of any size will produce a leak. If you want to try and fix it, I would try J-B Weld before taking it to a radiator shop (just make sure to clean the paint from the effected area). To use a flame and solder you would have to have a very small torch like what a jeweler uses I'm not sure a rad shop would have one that small. Please keep in mind too much heat would completely trash your radiator.

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

I was gonna try some jb weld on the rad I put a hole in. It's like a 3-4mm hole though. I was only concerned with its reaction to the liquids over time. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

13 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

I was gonna try some jb weld on the rad I put a hole in. It's like a 3-4mm hole though. I was only concerned with its reaction to the liquids over time. 

Should be OK, just give it 24 hrs to cure out.

On 29/01/2017 at 9:25 PM, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

@EK Luc@EK_Derick

I heard good things about the JB Weld too.  I never used it though.

On 1/29/2017 at 11:15 PM, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

Just put it back?

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

14 hours ago, Kevo05s said:

Just put it back?

Pain in the ass to do it

16 hours ago, EK Luc said:

I heard good things about the JB Weld too.  I never used it though.

Thanks Luc. Ended up forking over another $100 and buying a new radiator :( Spent about $1000 so far.

4 minutes ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

Pain in the ass to do it

Thanks Luc. Ended up forking over another $100 and buying a new radiator :( Spent about $1000 so far.

Sell the broken one on the forums.

21 hours ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

Pain in the ass to do it

Send the rad to me and I will attempt to fix it posting the repair photos here. If interested send me a PM.