Need Help Picking Budget Android: 200-400 $

I'm attempting to buy my first android phone (unlocked), the carrier will most likely by MobilePCS. I live in the US.

Currently I am leaning towards the ZTE Axon 7 (gold or quartz grey?), as it seems to be the best smartphone at 400 $ (the software issues have mainly been fixed is what I've read). I also am thinking about the newly released and considerably less expensive ZTE Blade V8 Pro: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875705062&ignorebbr=1 .

The next runners up I am considering are the Moto X Pure or a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S6 from BestBuy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-refurbished-galaxy-s6-4g-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/4742400.p?skuId=4742400

Last but not least the Honor 8 or recently released 6X, although the video quality of the Honor 8 somewhat turns me off of it.

Which do you think is the best option, if the first which color scheme? Feel free to suggest any which I have not thought of and you think are better or comparable.

Thank you.

ZTE Axon 7 (never choose the gold color option) or Oneplus 3T.

ZTE Axon 7 has a micro SD slot and front facing speakers but a meh camera.

Oneplus 3T lacks a micro SD slot but has a better camera and better software support.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

anything other than the ZTE axon 7? and One Plus 3T? sdcard is a must since i always port roms, backup rom, etc. in short a must for me since i'm a developer.. 400$ max budget?