Install Ubuntu to a new partition without....

... a flash drive and changing boot order? I know you could do it before... I have a 100gb partition ready and want it full of linux goodness!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Most bios' have a menu to select a boot device as a one off thing, instead of changing the boot order back and forth, if you mean that..

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Most bios' have a menu to select a boot device as a one off thing, instead of changing the boot order back and forth, if you mean that..

No its just that in my bios I can't boot off the usb for some reason and dont feel like spending the time to figure it out. Also I dont have a usb drive on me right now

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

No its just that in my bios I can't boot off the usb for some reason and dont feel like spending the time to figure it out. Also I dont have a usb drive on me right now

You don't have the time so you're just going to over complicate it?

Why do you need to do it right NOW? Just wait till you can get a USB drive

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

You don't have the time so you're just going to over complicate it?

Why do you need to do it right NOW? Just wait till you can get a USB drive

Guess what? In HP's bios you cant boot from usb, I have tried for hours already and don't want to try again. 

You have to format the flash USB drive first before putting Ubuntu on it.  If it does not work try turning off fast boot until you are done installing. Still not working? The easiest way to install Ubuntu is by burning it on to a writable/rewritable DVD disc, but not a CD as they are slow and you have to run in low res mode.

Guess what? In HP's bios you cant boot from usb, I have tried for hours already and don't want to try again. 

Is there just not an option altogether? Seems kind of strange, if there is, you should use something else to burn the ISO. 

Spoiler

You have to format the flash USB drive first before putting Ubuntu on it.  If it does not work try turning off fast boot until you are done installing. Still not working? The easiest way to install Ubuntu is by burning it on to a writable/rewritable DVD disc, but not a CD as they are slow and you have to run in low res mode.

Turned off secure boot, fast boot, fully formatted the drive. I did everything. And I do not have a cd drive

Turned off secure boot, fast boot, fully formatted the drive. I did everything. And I do not have a cd drive

What are doing without a DVD drive?! You can find a cheap one here: link

• 2 weeks later...

What are doing without a DVD drive?! You can find a cheap one here: link

That doesn't really fix the problem. I don't have a dvd drive and I'm running ubuntu

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

What I did was plug my hard drive into another old computer then plugged in the usb and booted off that then wrote ubuntu to my hard drive and then put it back into my main rig.

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam