Please, I need help urgently. Bad fps drops in all games on a good pc.

Hi,

I have been using my new upgraded pc  for a couple of weeks now. The first week it ran flawlessly with no fps drops or freezes however that has changed. Ever since a couple of weeks ago my pc has been dropping frames and stuttering really badly on all games I throw at it and I am worried. I am so worried because it was working before flawlessly and now struggles. 

my specs - 

I5 4690k 

Gtx 1060 

seidon 120v cooler 

hyper x 1600mhz ram

1tb hdd 

120gb pny sdd ( Windows 10 pro is loaded upon this drive)

rm550x gold certified power supply

Things I have tried -

Defrag hard drive

fresh reinstall of windows

anti virus scans

rolling back drivers

Can anyone help?

Have you checked your temps?

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, oskarha said:

1 minute ago, oskarha said:

Yes, they never go above 45 according to msi afterburner.

1 minute ago, mulkornkidjuicy said:

Yes, they never go above 45 according to msi afterburner.

CPU or GPU?

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

2 minutes ago, mulkornkidjuicy said:

cpu.

How's the GPU doing?

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

How are the CPU and GPU usage and frequencies?

Main Rig:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, mulkornkidjuicy said:

Hi,

I have been using my new upgraded pc  for a couple of weeks now. The first week it ran flawlessly with no fps drops or freezes however that has changed. Ever since a couple of weeks ago my pc has been dropping frames and stuttering really badly on all games I throw at it and I am worried. I am so worried because it was working before flawlessly and now struggles. 

my specs - 

I5 4690k 

Gtx 1060 

seidon 120v cooler 

hyper x 1600mhz ram

1tb hdd 

120gb pny sdd ( Windows 10 pro is loaded upon this drive)

rm550x gold certified power supply

Things I have tried -

Defrag hard drive

fresh reinstall of windows

anti virus scans

rolling back drivers

Can anyone help?

Are your games on that hdd?  If so, how old is it?

Do you have any other processes running in the background?

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

1 minute ago, kidanime3d said:

Are your games on that hdd?  If so, how old is it?

Do you have any other processes running in the background?

Yes the games are on the hdd, however when I moved one over to the ssd, I still got fps drops as there was little space left.

Yes the games are on the hdd, however when I moved one over to the ssd, I still got fps drops as there was little space left.

That isn't technically correctly, SDD are by nature faster than HDD, and don't have the much longer fetch cycles associated with HDD.

Well at least we know the problem isn't storage.  What game are you playing? and what settings?  I assume it is the same title throughout the past couple of months.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

That isn't technically correctly, SDD are by nature faster than HDD, and don't have the much longer fetch cycles associated with HDD.

Well at least we know the problem isn't storage.  What game are you playing? and what settings?  I assume it is the same title throughout the past couple of months.

Yes, I just realised that was not technically correct and please excuse my lack of knowledge. I am playing game such as gta 5 and witcher 3. All ultra and veryhigh settings

with anti-aliasing enabled. 

1 minute ago, mulkornkidjuicy said:

Yes, I just realised that was not technically correct and please excuse my lack of knowledge. I am playing game such as gta 5 and witcher 3. All ultra and veryhigh settings

with anti-aliasing enabled. 

Was being pedantic :P

What monitor resolution?

3 or 6GB 1060?

Do you have OBS?

15 minutes ago, oskarha said:

How are the CPU and GPU usage and frequencies?

at 96 percent usage the gpu temps were at 34 degrees in gta v

5 minutes ago, kidanime3d said:

Was being pedantic :P

What monitor resolution?

3 or 6GB 1060?

Do you have OBS?

I have The 6gb variant card running on a 1080p monitor without obs installed

3 minutes ago, mulkornkidjuicy said:

at 96 percent usage the gpu temps were at 34 degrees in gta v

Thought as much, reduce anti aliasing to 2x, near draw distance, all settings on medium, and report usage please.

Thought as much, reduce anti aliasing to 2x, near draw distance, all settings on medium, and report usage please.

Yes that is what the settings were on, I turned them down to get better performance.

Yes that is what the settings were on, I turned them down to get better performance.

What be your fps counter show afterwards?

5 minutes ago, kidanime3d said:

2 minutes ago, kidanime3d said:

What be your fps counter show afterwards?

Its at 71 fps dips down to 50 fps when driving.

3 minutes ago, mulkornkidjuicy said:

Its at 71 fps dips down to 50 fps when driving.

Is it still stutterring?

6 minutes ago, mulkornkidjuicy said:

Yes.

To clarify:

Stuttering across all titles on medium settings on 1080p with low or no anti aliasing even when standing still

3 minutes ago, kidanime3d said:

To clarify:

Stuttering across all titles on medium settings on 1080p with low or no anti aliasing even when standing still

Yes.

Yes.

It is either a CPU or GPU issue by the sounds of it.

Soak test your kit and return the component that fails.

Btw what component was new?