psu shutdowns, will it damage hardware?

hoyamons

My Seasonic g550 has been shutting down my pc randomly for the past few days, somewhere around 10-20 times. Does it damage any hardware or peripherals? I had a new headphone plugged in when one of the shutdowns occurred and there was a buzzing noise.

Some more details?

If it shuts down, do you hear a click noise a few seconds later?

1 minute ago, Aniallation said:

Is it shutting down randomly or only when you put it under load? If it's random shutdowns it may not be the PSU.

It doesn't matter if it's under load or not, it shuts down during normal use or idle, I've tried putting it under load, and it didn't shut down, thought it was only for 20 mins.

My PC did that when the RAM was dying. Run memtest for a few hours.

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

4 minutes ago, hoyamons said:

It doesn't matter if it's under load or not, it shuts down during normal use or idle, I've tried putting it under load, and it didn't shut down, thought it was only for 20 mins.

Then it's not an issue with the PSU. It's a stability issue that can be caused by any one of a variety of other components, including motherboard, RAM, or your Windows installation. 

"Rawr XD"

4 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

My PC did that when the RAM was dying. Run memtest for a few hours.

I ran the windows memory diagnostic and it said the RAM is fine, should I run more tests?

13 minutes ago, OnfireYH said:

Some more details?

If it shuts down, do you hear a click noise a few seconds later?

PC shutdown again, and no it didn't click a few seconds later.

6 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

Then it's not an issue with the PSU. It's a stability issue that can be caused by any one of a variety of other components, including motherboard, RAM, or your Windows installation. 

I checked my windows updates and a few other things as well, it might be the motherboard.

1 minute ago, hoyamons said:

I ran the windows memory diagnostic and it said the RAM is fine, should I run more tests?

PC shutdown again, and no it didn't click a few seconds later.

I checked my windows updates and a few other things as well, it might be the motherboard.

Windows Memory Diagnostics are garbage. Run memtest86 for a few hours (at least 8)

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is