Great headphones?

R3DOPS

Im not and audio audiophile but i do love my music. I want a nice punch of bass but i want it so sound great. No microphone needed or nice fancy led. I just want great sounding headphones under 300 to 200 CAD MAX Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, katiekitsune said:

phillips fidelio X2s or fostex T20RP with shure 1940 pads (if you have an amp)

no amps

There's the Beyerdynamic COP+ and the Sennheiser Urbanites if you want a bass signature. 

Just got the audio technica m40x. Best headphones I've owned with a great price. I liked them better than the m50x. The only other comparable to me was the sennheiser hd650. If you can get the massdrop HD6XX that would be a good deal. 

3 minutes ago, sherman9800 said:

Just got the audio technica m40x. Best headphones I've owned with a great price. I liked them better than the m50x. The only other comparable to me was the sennheiser hd650. If you can get the massdrop HD6XX that would be a good deal. 

m40xs are excellent cans but the HD6XX are going to be too bass light for OP

wan

5 minutes ago, sherman9800 said:

m50x are closed back, not sure about 40x. closed gives narrow soundstage but leaks the least, open gives better but leaks

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

m50x are closed back, not sure about 40x. closed gives narrow soundstage but leaks the least, open gives better but leaks

not all closed have narrow soundstage and not all open have wide soundstage. the HD600's have a very narrow soundstage but great imaging with all the detail right up at your ears. the M40x's have decent soundstage and good imaging without the narrow overbearing sound of the M50x's. the AKG K553's have massive soundstage and are sealed cans (would reccomend the K545's over them due to better cable and lower price but they have slightly reduced soundstage compared to the K553s)

wan

21 minutes ago, katiekitsune said:

m40xs are excellent cans but the HD6XX are going to be too bass light for OP

They would actually be great if the OP wants punch, if they can find them in budget of course.

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

They would actually be great if the OP wants punch, if they can find them in budget of course.

they arent really as punchy as some other cans are, the X2's and K7XX's have much punchier bass. 

for op a good resource is this list, has sound signature descriptions and tells you how easy to drive they are (without an amp anything labeled EASY is going to work well)

wan

1 minute ago, katiekitsune said:

they arent really as punchy as some other cans are, the X2's and K7XX's have much punchier bass. 

for op a good resource is this list, has sound signature descriptions and tells you how easy to drive they are (without an amp anything labeled EASY is going to work well)

Disagree on the X2. The bass bump in that headphone is too low to be considered "punch".

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

Disagree on the X2. The bass bump in that headphone is too low to be considered "punch".

as someone who uses the X2's every day i can say they have a very heavy bass punch that is well controlled

wan

1 minute ago, katiekitsune said:

as someone who uses the X2's every day i can say they have a very heavy bass punch that is well controlled

Perhaps we're using the word "punch" differently.

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

Perhaps we're using the word "punch" differently.

i think so too, if the 600's are punchy but the X2's arent then there is something off in the definition of punchy. the X2's have a lot of bass with good impact that while slightly boomy is well separated. 

wan

2 hours ago, SSL said:

and I disagree on the akg k7xx. Not enough quantity to be punch.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."