ASUS vs GIGABYTE vs MSI vs ASROCK at a price of $177 (12000inr) also Z170 vs Z270

Hey!!!

please help me as i am confused about the topic

ASUS vs GIGABYTE vs MSI vs ASROCK at a price of $177 (12000inr)

Also Z170vs Z270

STANDARD ATX

Hey!!!

asus z170A is always a good choice at 150$-ish.

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.

What CPU will you be putting Skylake 6th gen or Kaby Lake 7th gen?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What CPU will you be putting Skylake 6th gen or Kaby Lake 7th gen?

more probably 7th gen kaby lake processor

7 minutes ago, TommyW2061 said:

Hey!!!

asus z170A is always a good choice at 150$-ish.

it is very good motherboard and comparable with GIGABYTE z170x GAMING 3 and 5 but it is selling in INDIA around 17000 inr ($250)

Yes, the ASUS Z170-A is the best high end Z170 boards out there. Here's a link to one of the retailers.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

1 minute ago, dattharao said:

some other model in ASUS or in GIGABYTE 

what about GIGABYTE Z170x GAMING 

That would be a good choice too. But, you could save around 30 bucks and put it into things like LEDs or fans. Your choice.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

1 minute ago, Samtell said:

That would be a good choice too. But, you could save around 30 bucks and put it into things like LEDs or fans. Your choice.

please tell me the main difference between ASUS Z170A and GIGABYTE Z170x GAMING 3 AND GIGABYTE Z170x GAMING 5 i think there are some what in same budget and i go to the shop and buy it

4 minutes ago, KurtB said:

they have a standard model also

the STANDARD ATX mobo is selling here in INDIA about 15000 inr ($221)

2 minutes ago, dattharao said:

the STANDARD ATX mobo is selling here in INDIA about 15000 inr ($221)

:S

these are some of the options that the gigabyte mobo has that the asus doesn't have.

Different Audio Codec

Second optional Network Controller

I honestly don't know, but if I were to buy it, I would buy the Asus.

But I think you're leaning towards the Gigabyte one because you're the one who found it, and it costs more, so it has more functions.

2 minutes ago, Samtell said:

these are some of the options that the gigabyte mobo has that the asus doesn't have.

Different Audio Codec

Second optional Network Controller

I honestly don't know, but if I were to buy it, I would buy the Asus.

But I think you're leaning towards the Gigabyte one because you're the one who found it, and it costs more, so it has more functions.

No i am not leaning to GIGABYTE but i am investing this money after INTEL CORE 2 DUO and i have very tight budget that's why i need to be sure

53 minutes ago, dattharao said:

more probably 7th gen kaby lake processor

if that's the case, a Z170 is not an option

12 minutes ago, KurtB said:

if that's the case, a Z170 is not an option

then which chipset mobo should i choose

Go to the mobo manufacturer's site and look for mobo's that have the correct socket for the cpu you want. this will narrow down your choices.

Example:

At Asus, if you want to use the i7 7700K you select socket 1151 and you'll get a list of compatible motherboards. I had to do a lot of homework to decide on what cpu and then the motherboard that would work with what I had in mind. For me I wanted the i7 7700K and the motherboard had to support at least 2 m.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0. I don't want to use HDDs moving forward.

I looked at other processors but I can't take advantage of more than 2 cores with the software I use for developing (SQL Server, Visual Studio etc.)

It's all about what you want and what your wallet says you can have.

16 hours ago, dattharao said:

No i am not leaning to GIGABYTE but i am investing this money after INTEL CORE 2 DUO and i have very tight budget that's why i need to be sure

intel core duo? you're joking right?

8 hours ago, KurtB said:

Go to the mobo manufacturer's site and look for mobo's that have the correct socket for the cpu you want. this will narrow down your choices.

Example:

At Asus, if you want to use the i7 7700K you select socket 1151 and you'll get a list of compatible motherboards. I had to do a lot of homework to decide on what cpu and then the motherboard that would work with what I had in mind. For me I wanted the i7 7700K and the motherboard had to support at least 2 m.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0. I don't want to use HDDs moving forward.

I looked at other processors but I can't take advantage of more than 2 cores with the software I use for developing (SQL Server, Visual Studio etc.)

It's all about what you want and what your wallet says you can have.

Thank you

6 hours ago, Samtell said:

intel core duo? you're joking right?

no iam not joking it was my first cpu which i use till today

12 hours ago, dattharao said:

no iam not joking it was my first cpu which i use till today

well you're missing something. A cpu won't just magically be compatible with any motherboard. Either buy a new CPU to go along with the motherboard, or keep using your 10 dollar cpu.

12 hours ago, Samtell said:

well you're missing something. A cpu won't just magically be compatible with any motherboard. Either buy a new CPU to go along with the motherboard, or keep using your 10 dollar cpu.

i bought it nine years ago now i am changing whole thing mobo processor ram