Which script language do I need to learn?

Rotterdams

I want to be able to write/make scripts to adjust for example a Windows 10 or server envirement. Which language do I need to go for?

Example: I want to be able to write a script. When it is launched that it automaticly does things on the computer. 

I want to know which language I need for this :) btw im a total noob :D also any free websites where i can start learning it?

for simple stuff like copy files or read certain values, it is just plain batch. If you need to be able to do very deep Windows stuff, it will be Powershell :)

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

Windows batch scripting is the easiest and most strait forward.

Advanced option is powershell.

Other than that , Python/Perl will be useful on other Operating systems as well.

CPU: i7-4790k || Mobo: MSI Gaming 5 Z97|| Ram: GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X r9 390x || Case: CoolerMaster cm storm scout 2 || Storage: samsung evo 850 500GB , WD Black 3TB , WD Green 2TB , WD 1TB external (backups/Media) , Seagate 1TB external (Backups) || PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80+ GOLD || Displays: Samsung C24FG70 , Dell U2414H || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Mouse: Logitech G502 proteus spectrum || Headset: Logitech G633

30 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

I want to be able to write/make scripts to adjust for example a Windows 10 or server envirement. Which language do I need to go for?

Example: I want to be able to write a script. When it is launched that it automaticly does things on the computer. 

I want to know which language I need for this :) btw im a total noob :D also any free websites where i can start learning it?

PowerShell.

I saw alot of names like C++, C#, Javascript, Swift, Python....so many and im like wtf are these :D 

But Powershell and batch it is then! I cannot wait.

Another nooby question...is this the start to learn how to hack? Not that im interessted in that but curious.

12 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

I saw alot of names like C++, C#, Javascript, Swift, Python....so many and im like wtf are these :D 

But Powershell and batch it is then! I cannot wait.

Another nooby question...is this the start to learn how to hack? Not that im interessted in that but curious.

https://mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/getting-started-with-powershell-3-0-jump-start-8276?l=r54IrOWy_2304984382   

C++, C# are programming languages, not scripting languages.

Python is a scripting language, and a great one to learn - but more commonly used on Linux than windows.

Javascript is a web interaction scripting language, for web-browser based stuff.

Powershell is recommended because you say " Windows 10 or server environment" which is interpreted (by me atleast) as Windows Server environment.

Hacking is easy when you know a moderate amount (or more) about a lot of stuff.

It can also be easy when you know a shit load about some things.

It will make your brain explode when you know nothing about anything.

1 minute ago, Rohime said:

https://mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/getting-started-with-powershell-3-0-jump-start-8276?l=r54IrOWy_2304984382   

C++, C# are programming languages, not scripting languages.

Python is a scripting language, and a great one to learn - but more commonly used on Linux than windows.

Javascript is a web interaction scripting language, for web-browser based stuff.

Powershell is recommended because you say " Windows 10 or server environment" which is interpreted (by me atleast) as Windows Server environment.

Hacking is easy when you know a moderate amount (or more) about a lot of stuff.

It can also be easy when you know a shit load about some things.

It will make your brain explode when you know nothing about anything.

Atleast I could get like a head start to learn if I know what I can achieve with all of these courses :)

But is possible to write a script in powerwshell and make it run on other pc's without being infront of that pc? Which basicly stands for "hack"? if im not saying something stupid :D

3 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

Atleast I could get like a head start to learn if I know what I can achieve with all of these courses :)

But is possible to write a script in powerwshell and make it run on other pc's without being infront of that pc? Which basicly stands for "hack"? if im not saying something stupid :D

Yes, thats powershell using the Windows Management Interface (WMI).

But thats not hacking (except maybe for "script kiddies").  Thats just remote execution.

http://www.darkoperator.com/blog/2013/1/31/introduction-to-wmi-basics-with-powershell-part-1-what-it-is.html