Is GPU Bend/lean common/normal?

Sentient

Yes it can happen, but its not a good thing 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

it's a problem I, myself, have a problem with; it is normal with heavier cards and mine works fine for months so far, though I do make makeshift support for it (just because I can't stand looking at it bending)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

it's a problem I, myself, have a problem with; it is normal with heavier cards and mine works fine for months so far, though I do make makeshift support for it (just because I can't stand looking at it bending)

I think I might do the same , care to share with what/how you did it?

I think I might do the same , care to share with what/how you did it?

well on my bottom GPU I had my zippo lighter holding it, the top - I have string holding it, I tied it to the top of my C70.

I know, probably horrible, but I make sure they're all dust free and clean if that makes any difference :P

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Yes it is normal and this can sometimes happen. As long as your PCI-E screws are secured tightly, it is fine but I would remove the graphics card if you were transporting it to a distant place. My Twin Frozr 3 7950 has a bit of sag too.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

So I found a place to stick a pencil between the bottom of the card and the bottom of the case , with the eraser end holding up the card , ghetto as hell but oh well 

true but saves stress on the card. some cards have a hole on the outer edge of the pcb and people have been known to suspend a bit of the weight with a string ,.

i guess a pencil could work too just make sure to keep the steel eraser end or the graphite end away too. both are conductive. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

true but saves stress on the card. some cards have a hole on the outer edge of the pcb and people have been known to suspend a bit of the weight with a string ,.

i guess a pencil could work too just make sure to keep the steel eraser end or the graphite end away too. both are conductive. 

If I have the pink eraser touching the gpu heatsink , and the graphite end touching the bottom of the case , is that ok?

just keep the graphite away from the card and any of the tin away too. doesn't take much to short a small resistor. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

Don't they sell card supports? I'm pretty sure my motherboard came with one but I have no idea where it is. If I knew I'd give it to you.