Is it worth buying PG279Q ?

ChanceTheRapper

I have seen so many people complaining about blacklight bleeding and IPS glow with this monitor that it makes me feel like i will have the same problem , do you guys think they fixed this issue or should i get a TN panel ?

I got the MG278Q today, which is that monitor but TN and Freesync. The Asus TN panels are excellent TN panels with great colours and contrast etc. Literally the only issues I have so far is the viewing angles could be better but they're still good, and the speakers are very loud but don't pack much OOMPH

That's an F in the profile pic

I have a PG279Q.

I think people are just whiny. The backlight bleed or IPS glow is only really noticeable if you're viewing dominantly dark content in a dark room. Considering I keep the lights on in my room and I play games which are usually bright and colorful (or at the very least, not trying to be Doom 3), it's not a problem for me.

EDIT: Also a video showing TN vs IPS

9 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I have a PG279Q.

I think people are just whiny. The backlight bleed or IPS glow is only really noticeable if you're viewing dominantly dark content in a dark room. Considering I keep the lights on in my room and I play games which are usually bright and colorful (or at the very least, not trying to be Doom 3), it's not a problem for me.

EDIT: Also a video showing TN vs IPS

Nice to hear that , maybe i should also wait for the next monitors , what do you think ?

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

ASUS did recently announce a 4K 144Hz HDR GSync monitor so...

Any idea where i can read all the latest news about upcoming pc components ?