Moving Windows from HDD to SSD

I have a Western Digital HDD and I bought a San Disk SSD to be a boot drive.

All my programs/files, and whatnot is on my HDD. Is there any way to copy only Windows from my HDD to my SSD? Or do I have to clone the drive?

I'm sure there are ways to just transfer windows, but, I really recommend using Macrium Reflect also. Its super easy to clone your drive using it. It's probably the easiest way to do it. Or you can do a fresh install of windows, of course.

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Use something like macrum reflect to clone the drive over.

2 minutes ago, ReeceStewart said:

I'm sure there are ways to just transfer windows, but, I really recommend using Macrium Reflect also. Its super easy to clone your drive using it. It's probably the easiest way to do it. Or you can do a fresh install of windows, of course.

Do I need to have less space than what the drive holds? I have a 120 GB SSD and theres about 250~ Gb on my HDD.

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

Do I need to have less space than what the drive holds? I have a 120 GB SSD and theres about 250~ Gb on my HDD.

yep. Some software(macrum reflect might) lets you only clone certian files.

1 minute ago, fpo said:

Ah, then perhaps a fresh install may be your best bet. Reflect requires you to have a larger receiving drive. On the plus side, at least Fresh installs feel good to use compared to knowing how messy your drive is.
HOWEVER, if you have your OS installed on a separate partition to your programs, Reflect will let you clone specific partitions, so you may be in luck

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

yep. Some software(macrum reflect might) lets you only clone certian files.

1 hour ago, ReeceStewart said:

Ah, then perhaps a fresh install may be your best bet. Reflect requires you to have a larger receiving drive. On the plus side, at least Fresh installs feel good to use compared to knowing how messy your drive is.
HOWEVER, if you have your OS installed on a separate partition to your programs, Reflect will let you clone specific partitions, so you may be in luck

ahh okay. I will see if I can put my files online or something then erase them and transfer windows.