Building my new PC (..Finally)

Xiauj
Go to solution Solved by Xiauj,

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/G9MmQV

There we go, amended! :D

Thank you guys!! <3

I'll remember to tag/credit you guys when I begin my Build Log <3 Cannot wait to start it! :x

As the title says, I'm ready to finally get a new PC soo, I was wondering if I could get some final opinions on it? :)

Purpose(s)?: Mostly Gaming and a bit of Video Editing also.

Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor needed?: 3 monitors all the same size, no peripherals.

Budget?: Well it was gonna be £1,100 but... it's now £1,700 maximum (GBP).

What would you change if anything?:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QLHJTH

Also I have a couple of questions.

Spoiler

-Is the motherboard alright for Kaby Lake? And no I'm not overclocking. I know I have a cooler but I do need this rig to be quiet(er) for reasons.

-Are the HDDs good? I need them to not cause as much vibration, again due to noise-issues.

-Are Crucial MX SSDs good/very-reliable?

-I'm stuck between a 1070 or 1060 or 480, opinions? I'm trying for 1080p Ultra 50-70 FPS on Triple A Games like GTA V/BF4/BF1 etc.. at least, was gonna go 1440p setup/monitors but out of budget I think. (I don't mean triple monitor gaming..)

Thanks all!

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

don't take two 2TB hard disk of 5400rpm 

i think you should take one 2tb 7200 rpm hard disk

and you should go for water cooling like corsair h80i

graphics card can be gtx 1070 as rx480 has high noise frequency not everytime but some time

will you take MID TOWER case?

Get windows pro from kinguin for £25-30. Buying a retail key is a huge rip off, an OEM key like you get from kinguin will do you fine.

Change those HDDs to WD Black 7200 Rpm or any 7200 Rpm drive, especially if you are gonna have games on them.

Other than that it looks pretty solid have fun. Don't know much about those monitors so double check they are decent and read some reviews. Also do you really want a triple monitor setup? Gonna end up pretty badly divided if you game across all 3 monitors. If this is your intention get 1 wide monitor. If your intention is game on one, video on another and wed page on another then that's fine.

1 minute ago, dattharao said:

That would make no sense as it's not a 'K' CPU.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1. Why a Dark Rock freaking Pro 3???

2. Trash GPU throw it. I don't think a single 480 can handle 3 1080p monitor

3. Why Kaby Lake?

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

That would make no sense as it's not a 'K' CPU.

sorry i mistood it as 7700k 

don't take any third party cooler as the stock cooler will be enough

3 minutes ago, dattharao said:

graphics card can be gtx 1070 as rx480 has high noise frequency not everytime but some time

a 1070 would be near double the price lmao

That's probably the worst rx 480 :D so you might want to change it to a Sapphire Nitro or MSI rx 480. An rx 480 should be enough for ultra at 1080p 60 fps on most triple a titles. The MX300 is decent enough so you don't need to change it. If you really want low noise, you might also want to consider a more silent orientated case like a be quiet case or a fractal design r5 or something like that. Up to you though. Otherwise looks great!

He stated he wanted 5400 rpm for lower noise. And a high end air cooler is generally quieter than a high end AIO because of the pump.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

First of all, you are getting a really beefy CPU Cooler for a non overclockable CPU. I would just use the stock cooler. That or you get an overclockable CPU and a motherboard that supports overclocking.

11 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

As the title says, I'm ready to finally get a new PC soo, I was wondering if I could get some final opinions on it? :)

Reveal hidden contents

-Is the motherboard alright for Kaby Lake? And no I'm not overclocking. I know I have a cooler but I do need this rig to be quiet(er) for reasons.

-Are the HDDs good? I need them to not cause as much vibration, again due to noise-issues.

-I'm stuck between a 1070 or 1060 or 480, opinions? I'm trying for 1080p Ultra 50-70 FPS on Triple A Games like GTA V/BF4/BF1 etc.. at least, was gonna go 1440p setup/monitors but out of budget I think. (I don't mean triple monitor gaming..)

Thanks all!

Does everything have to be from Amazon ?

Waahhhh :o

I dont think disk vibrations will bother you at all... its not like you have 50 10,000 RPM high performance HDDs on a single case!

You should get the 1070, especially since your gonna be using triple monitors.... which i dont understand why xD. If it were me, curved single monitor would be the way to go. Samsung should have at least shown one last year and i dont think it was over 500$... or was it?

Groomlake Authority

sorry i mistood it as 7700k 

don't take any third party cooler as the stock cooler will be enough

1 minute ago, mpsparrow said:

First of all, you are getting a really beefy CPU Cooler for a non overclockable CPU. I would just use the stock cooler. That or you get an overclockable CPU and a motherboard that supports overclocking.

He said he needed low noise so that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

2. Trash GPU throw it. I don't think a single 480 can handle 3 1080p monitor

3. Why Kaby Lake?

He stated that he's only playing games on one monitor so it makes sense.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

HE SAID 

As the title says, I'm ready to finally get a new PC soo, I was wondering if I could get some final opinions on it? :)

Budget?: Well it was gonna be £1,100 but... it's now £1,700 maximum (GBP).

nothing else

HE SAID 

As the title says, I'm ready to finally get a new PC soo, I was wondering if I could get some final opinions on it? :)

Budget?: Well it was gonna be £1,100 but... it's now £1,700 maximum (GBP).

nothing else

Did you click on the spoiler? Because in there it literally says

-Is the motherboard alright for Kaby Lake? And no I'm not overclocking. I know I have a cooler but I do need this rig to be quiet(er) for reasons.

-I'm stuck between a 1070 or 1060 or 480, opinions? I'm trying for 1080p Ultra 50-70 FPS on Triple A Games like GTA V/BF4/BF1 etc.. at least, was gonna go 1440p setup/monitors but out of budget I think. (I don't mean triple monitor gaming..)

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Hide contents

Thanks all!

Your going will be able to absolutely slay 1080p ultra settings, if you want the advantage of the higher frame rates you need to change the screens you're using at they're only 60hz so you'll be capped at 60fps and then it can cause tears and stuttering if your card produces more frames than what the screen can handle

id suggest starting with a 2 monitor setup and expand to 3 when you have the money seeing as you aren't trying to do triple monitor gaming

you could probably save quite a few £££ if the aim was 1080p 60fps max on a single monitor as you could probably dial back your gpu a bit

1 minute ago, Craigathorn said:

Your going will be able to absolutely slay 1080p ultra settings, if you want the advantage of the higher frame rates you need to change the screens you're using at they're only 60hz so you'll be capped at 60fps and then it can cause tears and stuttering if your card produces more frames than what the screen can handle

id suggest starting with a 2 monitor setup and expand to 3 when you have the money seeing as you aren't trying to do triple monitor gaming

you could probably save quite a few £££ if the aim was 1080p 60fps max on a single monitor as you could probably dial back your gpu a bit

His aim is 1080p 60fps on a single monitor. I'm assuming the other two are for productivity reasons.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Did you click on the spoiler? Because in there it literally says

i didn't read that

i didn't read that

Well now you have :D 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, dattharao said:

Personal preference to have 2x2TB, I don't like having only one HDD for everything.

Why water cooling for a Non-K chip like @LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said?

I need it to still be quiet as mentioned.

4 minutes ago, dattharao said:

Er maybe, depends which one(s) you're talking about.

4 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Get windows pro from kinguin for £25-30.

I'd rather not take a risk if any, Ik people buy from their alot but not me, sorry.

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I hear they are pretty good, are they not? o.O

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

3. Why Kaby Lake?

Couldn't decide between a 6700 or 7700 for Gaming/Vid-Editing.

5 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

you might also want to consider a more silent orientated case like a be quiet case or a fractal design r5

How noisy is it, the Pro M? I didn't know it was/is.

Any suggestions? I need to keep 3x 140mm fans, 2 for front and 1 for rear.

Also I don't like how the front has nothing on it, too plain.

7 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Does everything have to be from Amazon ?

It doesn't have to be but I suppose it would be easier / simplistic if I got it all from one place in one go :P

So yeah, Amazon UK.

7 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

You should get the 1070, especially since your gonna be using triple monitors.... which i dont understand why xD

I was thinking that but it's a bit out of budget unless someone can fit it and the rest into 1,700 lol.

3 monitors because I'll be gaming / having chrome or whatever open in the background.

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

His aim is 1080p 60fps on a single monitor. I'm assuming the other two are for productivity reasons.

You sir, are correct :) Read above in reply to VerticalDiscussions --^

Soo, any ideas guys?

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

1 minute ago, Xiauj said:

Personal preference to have 2x2TB, I don't like having only one HDD for everything.

Why water cooling for a Non-K chip like @LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said?

I need it to still be quiet as mentioned.

Er maybe, depends which one(s) you're talking about.

I'd rather not take a risk if any, Ik people buy from their alot but not me, sorry.

I hear they are pretty good, are they not? o.O

Couldn't decide between a 6700 or 7700 for Gaming/Vid-Editing.

How noisy is it, the Pro M? I didn't know it was/is.

Any suggestions? I need to keep 3x 140mm fans, 2 for front and 1 for rear.

Also I don't like how the front has nothing on it, too plain.

It doesn't have to be but I suppose it would be easier / simplistic if I got it all from one place in one go :P

So yeah, Amazon UK.

I was thinking that but it's a bit out of budget unless someone can fit it and the rest into 1,700 lol.

3 monitors because I'll be gaming / having chrome or whatever open in the background.

You sir, are correct :) Read above in reply to VerticalDiscussions --^

Soo, any ideas guys?

DRP3 is a quite one if you overclock. I don't think it's worth for an upgrade to 7700 since you are not oc anyway

i said to buy one hard drive as you can invest it in any other component

case: ZALMAN Z9 NEO

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JBtrtJ How about this?

Edited by hconverse02

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

So you can buy a Windows 10 pro key for like 20 bucks in europe. Not sure what the currency is called, i think it"s euros, idk. And you can get much better Blue microphones for cheap.

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dQnjbj
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dQnjbj/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£294.99 @ CCL Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  (£27.97 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B250M GAMING PRO Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£79.00 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£104.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: ADATA Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£65.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£64.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£64.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX Video Card  (£389.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£89.80 @ Alza) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£84.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition 39.9 CFM  120mm Fan  (£13.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition 39.9 CFM  120mm Fan  (£13.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Monitor: Asus VS248HR 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  (£119.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1668.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-24 16:29 GMT+0000

The geek himself.