Building my new PC (..Finally)

Xiauj
Go to solution Solved by Xiauj,

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/G9MmQV

There we go, amended! :D

Thank you guys!! <3

I'll remember to tag/credit you guys when I begin my Build Log <3 Cannot wait to start it! :x

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

DRP3 is a quite one if you overclock. I don't think it's worth for an upgrade to 7700 since you are not oc anyway

Aah I see.

But still, should be nice and quiet right? And hey, it's black which will match nicely :)

Any idea on a part list / any tweaks to the current one? Besides the cooler of course?

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

2 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

How noisy is it, the Pro M? I didn't know it was/is.

Any suggestions? I need to keep 3x 140mm fans, 2 for front and 1 for rear.

Also I don't like how the front has nothing on it, too plain.

It's not "noisy," but considering that it sounds like you're gonna be doing some sound work and a quiet PC is preferred a case that has insulation and stuff built in is probably better for you. I don't think that the Pro M has insulation and whatnot built in, which is why I recommended something like a Fractal Design R5 or a be quiet case. The Fractal Design S is optimized for noise and costs around £80 or so, but it sounds like you don't like those looks so something like the be quiet! Silent Base 600 would better suit you. They cost around £90 or so but it should be quieter than the Pro M.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, Xiauj said:

Aah I see.

But still, should be nice and quiet right? And hey, it's black which will match nicely :)

Any idea on a part list / any tweaks to the current one? Besides the cooler of course?

The GPU thanks

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

So you can buy a Windows 10 pro key for like 20 bucks in europe. Not sure what the currency is called, i think it"s euros, idk. And you can get much better Blue microphones for cheap.

Nah I don't trust other sources, sorry. Would rather pay for it brand new but ty for the part list btw :P

The last time I got a product key for something else, that is a different story.

Btw a few things:

GPU has 3x DP but monitors don't have DP xD

Would 140mm fans be better?

Is 7200rpm much louder? I need this PC to be quieter.

7 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Eh, sort of. A few things though:

GPU has 2xDP/2xHDMI, I forgot to mention that 3x of same connection would be nice because otherwise one screen would look different to another.

Forgot case fans.

8 minutes ago, dattharao said:

Case: ZALMAN Z9 NEO

Hmmm.. I actually quite like this one, had never seen this before.

Thank you very much, I might consider that instead tbh!

8 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

So you can buy a Windows 10 pro key for like 20 bucks in europe. Not sure what the currency is called, i think it"s euros, idk. And you can get much better Blue microphones for cheap.

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dQnjbj
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dQnjbj/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£294.99 @ CCL Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  (£27.97 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B250M GAMING PRO Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£79.00 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£104.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: ADATA Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£65.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£64.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£64.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX Video Card  (£389.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£89.80 @ Alza) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£84.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition 39.9 CFM  120mm Fan  (£13.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition 39.9 CFM  120mm Fan  (£13.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Monitor: Asus VS248HR 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  (£119.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1668.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-24 16:29 GMT+0000

This is a much better allocation of your money imo. Allows for a 1070 which is an absolute power house and the strix cards have decent clock speeds and RGB. the case is a personal choice, personally not a huge fan of that case but that's beside the point. If I had the time I'd do you a somewhat similar build to this. Also monitors are slightly more but asus is a good brand.

Can't stress the windows key enough. If you are apprehensive use kinguin £30 (£25 + £5 buyer protection) this covers you against the key not working or being revoked. A retail key off of amazon is an absolute con mate. I am using 3 kinguin keys on 3 different machines atm, couldn't recommend enough. Can't speak for Ebay as that could easily be dodgy but kinguin isn't.

Nah I don't trust other sources, sorry. Would rather pay for it brand new but ty for the part list btw :P

The last time I got a product key for something else, that is a different story.

Btw a few things:

GPU has 2xDP/2xHDMI, I forgot to mention that 3x of same connection would be nice because otherwise one screen would look different to another.

Forgot case fans.

I can't hear my 7200rpm drive, 120 is good enough, there isn't really a huge difference between 120 and 140mm fans, and you can buy hdmi to displayport adapters.

The geek himself.

Btw a few things:

Forgot case fans.

7200 rpm isn't very loud.  The gpu can be changed but 1070 is a good option. Can add case fans.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

11 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

The GPU thanks

1070? If any, EVGA's 1070 please! With 3x DisplayPort/same-connection. Any idea how to fit that into a £1,700 ish budget though?

That's the problem :/

and you can buy hdmi to displayport adapters.

True, true but wouldn't that still act/look/respond differently as opposed to a direct cable?

If you want silence go for the Scythe Fuma that is also a better performer and cheaper. Still despite no OC would suggest to go unlocked. If not now, it is usable to increase the useable lifespan of the platform saving money in the long run.

You will need a 1070 atleast for some mentioned titles even at single 1080p 60 maxed out (the extra performance of the 7700k also helps for this). Can run with 1 single monitor for  awhile (maybe even 1440p?) and add others later for productivity if you really short on budget. Because of silence I can recommend the MSI gaming coolers, don't go Asus or Gigabyte then for the 10 series cards if sound is important. MSI gaming are in general relative silent for other series aswell btw.

The case is not the most silent it seems, but have no straight m ATX review only the ATX variant. There are options out there like the mastercase pro 3 that is more silent, still has good temps, and still spacious.

You know your workloads best but despite maybe more noise from 7200 rpm disks it can be worth it for your performance?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1070? If any, EVGA's 1070 please! With 3x DisplayPort/same-connection. Any idea how to fit that into a £1,700 ish budget though?

True, true but wouldn't that still act/look/respond differently as opposed to a direct cable?

It's not about RX 480. It's because Gigabyte G1 is the worst you could have picked out there lol. Swap for a different RX 480

No, I very much doubt it. Displayport isn't all that different from HDMI. It will look fine.

The geek himself.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xxqWyf this should work.  you can change the case if you want to something you like :)

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

This is the canadian website, but you can still find these at stores

https://www.amazon.ca/niceEshop-DisplayPort-Male-Cable-Black/dp/B01AP4VH8E?th=1

The geek himself.

Why the hell do companies always say this.

• Fully compatible with all blu ray players, Xbox 360, ps3. Supports resolution 720p, 1080i, 1080p and beyond

no shit sherlock.

The geek himself.

19 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

-snip-

Finally got pounds right lol. For 1080p why a 1070?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Finally got pounds right lol. For 1080p why a 1070?

1. I was able to fit it. 2. Longer use of it. Probably 3-5 years, because he's at 1080p. 3. If he upgrades his monitors to 120hz. He will already have a powerful enough graphics card.

The geek himself.

It's not about RX 480. It's because Gigabyte G1 is the worse you could have picked out there lol. Swap for a different RX 480

Oh my bad lol xD Misread it entirely, my apologies.

What's a good one with either 3xHDMI or 3xDP ..? Was hoping for an Asus/EVGA one as I like theirs :3 but nope -_-:(

Just now, Xiauj said:

Oh my bad lol xD Misread it entirely, my apologies.

What's a good one with either 3xHDMI or 3xDP ..? Was hoping for an Asus/EVGA one as I like theirs :3 but nope -_-:(

Doesn't matter since they are all 60hz 1080 monitors. 

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

wait hes gaming with 3 monitors, that 1070 should help.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yeah I know but you said GIGABYTE ones aren't that great:

That's why I asked :P , GIGABYTE is the one of many according to PCPP who does have 3 of the same connection type for a 480.

My only other choice is a 1060, can that handle 3x 60Hz 1080p monitors?

Trash GPU throw it.

That's why I asked :P , GIGABYTE is the one of many according to PCPP who does have 3 of the same connection type for a 480.

go evga

My current rig:

wait hes gaming with 3 monitors, that 1070 should help.

You did not read his post didn't you lol?

Well a 1060 then but you can connect some to HDMI and some to DP

33 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dQnjbj
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dQnjbj/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£294.99 @ CCL Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  (£27.97 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B250M GAMING PRO Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£79.00 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£104.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: ADATA Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£65.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX Video Card  (£389.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£89.80 @ Alza) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£84.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1668.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-24 16:29 GMT+0000

The 212 can get a little bit loud (personal experience, though I do have a 95 watt CPU instead but still; no overclock btw), so at the very least it might be a good idea to swap out the fans on it for something a bit better.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

You did not read his post didn't you lol?

Well a 1060 then but you can connect some to HDMI and some to DP

Of course Not :)

The geek himself.

Just now, hconverse02 said:

go evga

An EVGA GTX 1060 did you mean?

Will it still be able to handle 3x monitors?