HP Pavilion DV2000, Still worth it today?

Vadise

Greetings.

I have recently come across an HP Pavilion DV2000 (specs here https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-dv2000t/specs/ ). And it is in pristine aesthetic condition once I removed all the stickers and ID tags they put onto it at the office back when it was new, some isopropyl and it is as good as new. It was a conference room machine so it only ever fed a projector.

Of course, given it's age it needs some parts, an SSD, probably a 120 or 240, been looking at some WD Green 240GB SSDs that are on offer at the local store, I do have 4GB of Samsung 800mhz SODIMM DDR2 myself, and the battery will need replacing, I have seen some extended battery packs for it.

My intention is to use it as a laptop for social media and office work, I imagine Open Office or Libre Office plus Firefox will work just fine on anything. However, where my doubts are falling on are on running Google Hangouts, Discord and Skype at once. Plus I will most likely use it for Roll20, which is known for being... not too optimized. This wont make the cut, will it? Is it worth the effort to repair it?

My intention was getting a Win10 License for it, but I am open to running Solus or Lubuntu on it if it proves to be too heavy. The machine has run Solus just fine, but with severe lock ups given the semi dead hard drive.

install linux and get 4gb of ram, ssds will help. depending on the tasks its worth the effort if you have no other option. 

Well, I do have my desktop, this is more of a convenience factor than anything, for example, I would be able to participate of podcasts or roll20 sessions while being out of the common areas of my house, or on late hours without bothering other people. But if a cheap 2 in 1 would outperform this machine, my money would be better placed elsewhere.

Hmm the performance of that chip in that laptop is lower than http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Celeron-N3050-Notebook-Processor.146637.0.html

Which is literally one of least powerful processors you can get on the current market so i would strongly suggest to buy a new laptop, except if you really like to play around with that old computer or can get all those parts for really, really cheap (and want to save the pennies). But it is probably possible to run those programs on it, without too much problems (maybe drivers?)