First mech keyboard Corsair K70 vs Strafe vs Blackwidow X Chroma

Hey guys.

So I'm going to replace my not so great membrane keyboard with a mechanical keyboard. Since this will be my first mechanical keyboard I wasn't sure what kind of switch to go for so I thought MX Browns would be a good middle ground since I'll still feel the actuation. Maybe the blue or speed or silent might work for me as well dunno, reds I have touched and don't really like em. These are the options I have before me:

Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent - 145,75 €

Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown - 149,42 €

Corsair K70 LUX - Red LED - Cherry MX Brown - 123,17 €

Razer Blackwidow X Chroma - 132,67 €

So which should I go for and do you think I should try a different switch on the corsair ones? Keep in mind I'm a game dev so I do typing and coding as well as gaming.

Answer me sempais.

Send help

I have a K70 with browns and love it. That gets my vote

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

You do typing and coding, so I'd recommend browns over the Razer switches or reds. Personally the Strafe RGB  with browns, unless you like the raised key and aluminum chassis look of the K70, and don't care about the static lights.

K70 if you can deal with the keycap font(i am a vivid hater of the LUX font lol) i have a K70 with browns, amazing keyboard and i have yet to want more then this, its a good size and is super nice to use. also quick hack if you decide to get it and for @paps511, turn the spacebar upside down if you are using the wrist rest, its the best thing ever and makes your thumb super comfy when resting

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have the strafe rgb silent and i love the sound but if you like the clockyness of a mechanical keyboard, get the razer or k70

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Oh, and a part of your post that I missed: You stated you don't like reds. Silent and speed switches are effectively reds in terms of feel and lightness. Silent feels just a hair lighter than reds and are very smooth, and "Speed" (Cherry MX Silver) are a much faster, version of reds. So stay away from those. Blues are actually rather close to browns, but blues make more of a click noise loosely similar to Razer switches in terms of sound but effectively browns in terms of feel.

SO basically the K70 is a premium metal built beast of a keyboard for core/enthusiast gamers. The strafe is more budget oriented but you stil get the Mech switches ofc but it has plastic construction as far as I can tell and I dont know how this feels under the touch. I have the K70 with browns and I've loved it since day one, had 2 major spills, still works no RMA. I'd recommend corsair if you can afford I think them and Logitech are the best Keyboard manufacturers out there IMO

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

K70 if you can deal with the keycap font(i am a vivid hater of the LUX font lol) i have a K70 with browns, amazing keyboard and i have yet to want more then this, its a good size and is super nice to use. also quick hack if you decide to get it and for @paps511, turn the spacebar upside down if you are using the wrist rest, its the best thing ever and makes your thumb super comfy when resting

Same. I get that its larger so the lighting is more pronounced but it looks like some edgy teenager design.

Send help

2 minutes ago, ManEatingFridge said:

Same. I get that its larger so the lighting is more pronounced but it looks like some edgy teenager design.

The K70? Then what are you looking for? A more low key look perhaps

K70 with blues or browns. You'll love it

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

2 minutes ago, Dunkan77 said:

The K70? Then what are you looking for? A more low key look perhaps

The K70 LUX version. My brother had the old K70 with reds and he didn't use the backlight because it was like red lasers shining in his eyes and the K65 LUX RGB with Speeds he has now doesn't have that issue. If the K70 LUX had the Blackwidow X font but the Strafe white base for dat sweet lighting I would die happy. I think I'll go with it anyways tho, I can change the keycaps in the future I guess.

Send help

2 minutes ago, ManEatingFridge said:

The K70 LUX version. My brother had the old K70 with reds and he didn't use the backlight because it was like red lasers shining in his eyes and the K65 LUX RGB with Speeds he has now doesn't have that issue. If the K70 LUX had the Blackwidow X font but the Strafe white base for dat sweet lighting I would die happy. I think I'll go with it anyways tho, I can change the keycaps in the future I guess.

Look at this then:
http://www.coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/rapid-i/

15 minutes ago, ManEatingFridge said:

the LUX font looks like someone took the old good one from the K70 and ran it over with a steamroller, if you swap the keycaps of the LUX to the old ones its great because it has a better lighting controller and stuff too but it just looks horific. i hate it so much. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Dunkan77 said:

Well the Pro L didn't have an EU or US layout in the store but I found the Quickfire XTI with browns and a US layout. And the pricing is decent (138 eur). So many decisions now................

Send help

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I really just envisioned the space bar upside down. With the cherry clips facing up and a hollow space bar... 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9