New card artifacting (including in bios) along with error 43

Hi LTT dudes,

So about two weeks ago, I purchased a custom build desktop from a guy that I trusted. The rig ran fine for the entire duration until two days ago, when it unexpectedly crashed while I was cruising around in The Crew. Immediately when it crashed, the screen seemed to show the default 'your PC has crashed' Windows 10 message, however I'm assuming that's the case because I couldn't actually see the message; what I noticed instantly was horrendous artifacting that continued even in the BIOS/bootup. After an auto restart, the artifacting is still there (It still is) and device manager showed error 43 and that the driver was disabled. The resolution of course, was also lowered automatically due to that. After Googling and trying out some of the solutions (draining power, clean reinstalling drivers) the problem isn't fixed. Upon doing some extensive research, I'm convinced that it's a defective card (which was what my builder thinks too) since it wouldn't make sense that a card would die after 2 weeks of running games way below its potential. I already have plans to head down to the distributor to get an exchange.

Here are my specs:

CPU : i5-6500 @ 3.2GHz

GPU : ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

Mobo : Gigabyte H110M-DS2

RAM : G.Skill DDR4 8GB Single

Storage : OCZ TR150 240GB SSD

PSU : FSP HEXA+ 550

I can put up screenshots of artifacting/other stuff if needed.

If anything, what I'm trying to find out here is whether the GPU is dead or not.

Pic can help, but sounds indeed like a GPU issue. I assume the builder has tried reseating the card and check connectors. And try the GPU in some one else his PC to see if the same problem is there.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

18 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Pic can help, but sounds indeed like a GPU issue. I assume the builder has tried reseating the card and check connectors. And try the GPU in some one else his PC to see if the same problem is there.

Sorry I can't really plug the GPU into another PC, at least for now.

Here's some screenshots of the artifact, It gets worse in browsers or other windows.

P_20170123_002550.jpg

P_20170123_002614.jpg

Well thats definitly a issue yes :) Could in theory also be your screen or cable used, but assume it's the CPU yes. Check with your builder if he tried the card in a different system or maybe he can put it in his own. thats hwat I atleast would do.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

6 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Well thats definitly a issue yes :) Could in theory also be your screen or cable used, but assume it's the CPU yes. Check with your builder if he tried the card in a different system or maybe he can put it in his own. thats hwat I atleast would do.

I doubt it's the monitor issue.

I guess i'll check whether I can get my builder to test it.