what do i have wrong, i cant capture video from PC into a macpro with premiere via BM intensity pro 4k

as simply as i cant say this. i have a mac pro that i just installed a BM intensity pro 4K into, and im attempting to capture video from my PC using the pro 4K in premier pro cc2017 on the mac pro. i have it setup as it should be, but i cant see video signal from my PC. im messed with all the settings i can think of, but no luck. what could i have wrong?

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

8 minutes ago, thehardwarehacker said:

as simply as i cant say this. i have a mac pro that i just installed a BM intensity pro 4K into, and im attempting to capture video from my PC using the pro 4K in premier pro cc2017 on the mac pro. i have it setup as it should be, but i cant see video signal from my PC. im messed with all the settings i can think of, but no luck. what could i have wrong?

So is this what you are doing, PC's GPU HDMI out connected to Intensity 4K's HDMI in port via cable?  Is the HDMI out from the PC sending a signal that is recognized and supported by the Intensity 4K?

Are you running the drivers/software for the Intensity 4K?  Have you tried to see if you can capture the video signal using DaVinci Resolve instead of Premiere?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

So is this what you are doing, PC's GPU HDMI out connected to Intensity 4K's HDMI in port via cable?  Is the HDMI out from the PC sending a signal that is recognized and supported by the Intensity 4K?

you understand. to answer, no i dont see a signal being picked up by the 4K, which is really weird, because my PC sees the 4k as another display device.

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

4 minutes ago, thehardwarehacker said:

you understand. to answer, no i dont see a signal being picked up by the 4K, which is really weird, because my PC sees the 4k as another display device.

BM devices also need to receive the right signal to be able to capture video.  For example, if your PC GPU is sending a 3840x2160 60hz signal to the Intensity 4K, it very likely won't work because the card only supports 2160p30fps max.

Are you running the drivers/software for the Intensity 4K?  Some BM devices require their software/firmware/drivers to be running in the background in order to operate and be recognized by another software/tool such as Premiere.

Have you tried to see if you can capture the video signal using DaVinci Resolve instead of Premiere?  Or how about Media Express that came with the Intensity?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

BM devices also need to receive the right signal to be able to capture video.  For example, if your PC GPU is sending a 3840x2160 60hz signal to the Intensity 4K, it very likely won't work because the card only supports 2160p30fps max.

Are you running the drivers/software for the Intensity 4K?  Some BM devices require their software/firmware/drivers to be running in the background in order to operate and be recognized by another software/tool such as Premiere.

Have you tried to see if you can capture the video signal using DaVinci Resolve instead of Premiere?  Or how about Media Express that came with the Intensity?

in have tried those routes yes, but still to know avail. i have noticed that the few times ive opened resolve, i have gotten a popup that says 'hey you need a better graphics card thant that you have now in order to actually use this program'. i will admit that i have yet to through a better GPU into the mac pro, so i wonder if that has anything to do with this at all.

now to get back to what you were actually talking about, the res that im trying to actually capture off my pc is 1920x1200, so i would think it should have no issue capturing a signal of that resolution. i do have the applicable drivers, and other software for the pro 4K installed on the mac pro im trying to use it in. i have tried running those programs in the background as i though of the point you brought up, but no go. i even tried moving the card to an x16 slot instead of the x4 slot i have initially installed it in. not even that helped.

5 hours ago, thehardwarehacker said:

in have tried those routes yes, but still to know avail. i have noticed that the few times ive opened resolve, i have gotten a popup that says 'hey you need a better graphics card thant that you have now in order to actually use this program'. i will admit that i have yet to through a better GPU into the mac pro, so i wonder if that has anything to do with this at all.

now to get back to what you were actually talking about, the res that im trying to actually capture off my pc is 1920x1200, so i would think it should have no issue capturing a signal of that resolution. i do have the applicable drivers, and other software for the pro 4K installed on the mac pro im trying to use it in. i have tried running those programs in the background as i though of the point you brought up, but no go. i even tried moving the card to an x16 slot instead of the x4 slot i have initially installed it in. not even that helped.

You're going to have to look at the specs of the Intensity 4K.  BM devices can sometimes be very anal about the signal they receive.  1920x1200 is not a standard video resolution, 1920x1080 is.  Try to see if you can send a 1920x1080 signal to the Intensity 4K.

Look at the supported formats

SD Format Support

625i50 PAL, 525i59.94 NTSC, 625p50 PAL,525p59.94 NTSC

HD Format Support

720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60

Ultra HD Format Support

2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30

well, hot dam, i dont have a clue what i did, but the 4K, is now working in media express, and @ 1920x1200 res. no less.

(edit) after tinkering with it for a bit, its taking my signal in as 2160p30, i dont know why, but its working.

well, i got it working for a bit, but upon further testing, i can only get it to work with the included recording software, but unfortunately, that software crashes after a bit of use. so i think the only other option i have, is to look into solution, and return this product.