Best microphone that is 3.5 or usb

orangebeaver45

Hello I would like to know what a good mic that I can use to do voice overs, livestreams and and commentating and I want one thats razer green switch friendly thank you in advance 

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Razer green switch friendly

?

Budget?

meaning that you wont hear a slightly less noisy cherry mx blue clicking as I type or game

Why not a snowball ICE? or yeti? and what is your budget?

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

2 minutes ago, xephoneration said:

Why not a snowball ICE? or yeti? and what is your budget?

1 minute ago, orangebeaver45 said:

anything I have the razer siren currently 

so wait you have a mic and yet you want another mic? hate to burst your bubble on this one MX blues are very noisy switches, you need to get rings if you want to lessen the clicky noise, but at that rate why get blues then... anyways, if you got a mic, just stick to the one you have. 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Siren isnt amazing, but its still a decent mic. 

Like above said, get some rings for your keyboard. Other than that, maybe turn down sensitivity on your mic.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, xephoneration said:

so wait you have a mic and yet you want another mic? hate to burst your bubble on this one MX blues are very noisy switches, you need to get rings if you want to lessen the clicky noise, but at that rate why get blues then... anyways, if you got a mic, just stick to the one you have. 

the mic that i have need to be adjusted all the way down almost just so talking from a foot away wont be ear rape thats why I want a new one, better quality, less pickup on every single sound on my street and I forgot to mention I have two set ups one at my dads and one at my moms 

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Siren isnt amazing, but its still a decent mic. 

Like above said, get some rings for your keyboard. Other than that, maybe turn down sensitivity on your mic.

the mic that i have need to be adjusted all the way down almost just so talking from a foot away wont be ear rape thats why I want a new one, better quality, less pickup on every single sound on my street and I forgot to mention I have two set ups one at my dads and one at my moms 

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

maybe turn down sensitivity on your mic.

^

ok then get a Blue mic. Yeti, snowball, ect.. and get a mic boom. 

^

I already have a boom arm and pop filter but I think ill go with blue bluebird 

4 minutes ago, xephoneration said:

^

he already has a siren which is the same as a yeti basically.

14 minutes ago, orangebeaver45 said:

meaning that you wont hear a slightly less noisy cherry mx blue clicking as I type or game

If you really want to avoid this, get a modmic or buy an xlr usb mixer and get a vocal dynamic microphone because dynamic microphones are less sensitive than condensers and are better for speaking directly into.

EDIT

I already have a boom arm and pop filter but I think ill go with blue bluebird 

Or you could get a bluebird or the equivalent that pewdiepie used.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

1 minute ago, rattacko123 said:

he already has a siren which is the same as a yeti basically.

If you really want to avoid this, get a modmic or buy an xlr usb mixer and get a vocal dynamic microphone because dynamic microphones are less sensitive than condensers and are better for speaking directly into.

ever heard of examples. and no they are not. WAY different build quality. 

ever heard of examples. and no they are not. WAY different build quality. 

same condenser capsules 

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

3 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

same condenser capsules 

that is odd I guess Razer pays Blue royalties then... 

13 hours ago, orangebeaver45 said:

I already have a boom arm and pop filter, but I think I'll go with Blue Bluebird. 

That's a good mic. Fewer options than the Yeti Pro, but the Bluebird's point is less versatility and more professional quality.

13 hours ago, xephoneration said:

That is odd, I guess Razer pays Blue royalties then... 

I can't imagine they use the same capsules, but I'm almost certain the Siren's (I'm spelling it the non-pretentious way) shock mount came from the same damn factory.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.