Is my rig going to be safe and reliable?

Aidanlockett1

Hi I built myself a first new pc still waiting on the gpu too poor for that but im Running I5 6600 non k stock cooler, 16gb 2133 mhz pacific sun ram, msi b150m h170 mobo, thermaltake 430 watt psu, wwd 1 tb harddrive, and an asus disk drive, soon to also have a msi radeon rx 480 4 gb, i want to know if this will be reliable for gaming for 2/3 years as is and besides psu and ssd what should I get next?

5 hours ago, joshfrog said:

what games are you playing? and by stock cooler do you mean the stock intel cpu cooler that came with your cpu?

stock intell cooler csgo, ark survival hopefully beefier games

37 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

stock intell cooler csgo, ark survival hopefully beefier games

Will definitely be okay for CSGO, you might wanna go for the 8GB card though if you're playing ark, it's a huge VRAM and ram hog 

7 minutes ago, Skylord_Milkyway said:

Will definitely be okay for CSGO, you might wanna go for the 8GB card though if you're playing ark, it's a huge VRAM and ram hog 

yea i have 16 gb of ram for system I think i might go for a 960 just because i got a good deal for 100$

1 minute ago, joshfrog said:

you might also want to get a better cooler something like a coolermaster 212x or noctua cpu cooler

why im not overclocking

yeah but the stock amd and intel coolers suck bad

i regularly get 60 to 70 celcius under load tho

Stock cooler will be fine, might get loud though. For 1080p, the GTX 960 is great, but make sure it's the 4gb.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

its up to you i was just letting you no if you wanted to it will bring the temps down is all 

alright and is it worth to take off heat spreader and put on good paste?

na its not you would risk killing your cpu for mayb few degrees difference 

asand1 is right a stock cooler is ok your temps will be higher and may be louder but it will work its just something to think about 

8 minutes ago, joshfrog said:

na its not you would risk killing your cpu for mayb few degrees difference 

asand1 is right a stock cooler is ok your temps will be higher and may be louder but it will work its just something to think about 

thahts the thing im coming from a 10 year old mac that sounds like a hoverboard from freaking back to the future so its not a worry

yeah fair enough just keep an eye on your temps if there to high outside your comfort zone then look at a new cooler but if your happy with them then dont worry.

yeah fair enough just keep an eye on your temps if there to high outside your comfort zone then look at a new cooler but if your happy with them then dont worry.

yea thanks my man