g2a issue

GeorgeKellow

I bought a key off G2A (Football manager 2017) and I bought the G2A sheild thing and the key doesn't work. I want a refund but they have rejected it to the seller. What should I do? 

31 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

don´t give up you have shield and should be save

I'm not!! 

9 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

I'm not!! 

did you write the seller? Maybe he will just give you a new one to avoid consequences

8 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

I reckon I am out £30

I think you need to provide a clearer picture of what happened. Walk us through the steps one by one:

You bought the key from G2A, with Shield - Did it clearly state that it was a steam key? - Make sure it's not for Origin or another platform.

You tried the key on Steam - it didn't work. So you contacted G2A? Did you ask for a new key, or immediately ask for a refund? And what was their response? Why did they refuse the refund? What was their stated reason?

10 hours ago, pk-man said:

never buy from g2a, literally a market for stolen keys.

Agreed - G2A and Kinguin and places like them are cancer for the gaming industry. For many of the keys you buy on G2A, you might as well just pirate them, because that's how much money usually makes it back to the hard working* devs.

*And if the devs of a particular game aren't hard working, the game sucks and isn't worth playing anyway*

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I think you need to provide a clearer picture of what happened. Walk us through the steps one by one:

You bought the key from G2A, with Shield - Did it clearly state that it was a steam key? - Make sure it's not for Origin or another platform.

You tried the key on Steam - it didn't work. So you contacted G2A? Did you ask for a new key, or immediately ask for a refund? And what was their response? Why did they refuse the refund? What was their stated reason?

Agreed - G2A and Kinguin and places like them are cancer for the gaming industry. For many of the keys you buy on G2A, you might as well just pirate them, because that's how much money usually makes it back to the hard working* devs.

*And if the devs of a particular game aren't hard working, the game sucks and isn't worth playing anyway*

Bought the game for £30 with Shield. It was a steam key yes. I asked for a refund because I just bought it off steam afterwards cba with the hassle with getting a new key. I didn't show enough evidence even though I sent them 4 picutres of it clearly showing I haven't got the game 

G2a customer service is complete ass. My GF bought bum WoW sub from there before and it took them over half a year to refund it. I cringe when I see people shill that abysmal service. 

Fun fact, she had sheild too. That extra protection is garbage. A friend of ours got a faster refund for the same issue without sheild. 

15 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Some devs have actually stated that they would prefer people pirate their game than buy from g2a.

On 1/21/2017 at 5:03 AM, GeorgeKellow said:

My dispute got rejected. I will share the photo I sent to them 

http://imgur.com/5r9smRj

that picture literally shows nothing. I can enter a random string of numbers into that and get the exact same result.

1 hour ago, Caleb SF said:

that picture literally shows nothing. I can enter a random string of numbers into that and get the exact same result.

Thats what G2A wanted to see 

On 1/21/2017 at 2:20 PM, dalekphalm said:

Can't play online games if you pirate 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2017 at 9:10 AM, Buzz301 said:

Take an L

On 21/01/2017 at 9:12 AM, Teddy07 said:

don´t give up you have shield and should be save

On 21/01/2017 at 9:51 AM, Teddy07 said:

did you write the seller? Maybe he will just give you a new one to avoid consequences

On 21/01/2017 at 10:06 AM, pk-man said:

never buy from g2a, literally a market for stolen keys.

On 21/01/2017 at 10:19 AM, Teddy07 said:

wow thought that´s what shield is for

On 21/01/2017 at 8:20 PM, dalekphalm said:

On 22/01/2017 at 0:21 AM, Mooshi said:

G2a customer service is complete ass. My GF bought bum WoW sub from there before and it took them over half a year to refund it. I cringe when I see people shill that abysmal service. 

Fun fact, she had sheild too. That extra protection is garbage. A friend of ours got a faster refund for the same issue without sheild. 

On 22/01/2017 at 10:18 PM, Caleb SF said:

On 22/01/2017 at 11:42 AM, pk-man said:

Some devs have actually stated that they would prefer people pirate their game than buy from g2a.

On 23/01/2017 at 1:22 AM, Robots (2005) said:

Can't play online games if you pirate 

Update to this post (If anyone cares) 

I opened 3 more disputes, everyone got rejected in the seller favour :( But I contacted PayPal and got my money back

Screw you G2A 

3 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

But I contacted PayPal and got my money back

Nice one. Fuck those scumbags

5 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Update to this post (If anyone cares) 

I opened 3 more disputes, everyone got rejected in the seller favour :( But I contacted PayPal and got my money back

Screw you G2A 

I'm glad you got your money back eventually. Game keys, sub keys, software keys--it is not worth the hassle dealing with this scam of a company. 

I haven't read the G2A shield TOS, but I would assume that they offer new keys, rather than refunds.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I haven't read the G2A shield TOS, but I would assume that they offer new keys, rather than refunds.

Think of sheild as buying an extended warranty, but it being a blank sheet of paper that doesn't do anything. 

3 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Think of sheild as buying an extended warranty, but it being a blank sheet of paper that doesn't do anything. 

Well there are certainly examples of Shield actually being used for it's intended purpose. Even on the forums here there are posts of people who have successfully utilized it. But I question whether it guarantees a key, or your money back, or guarantees a key, period. If the latter, then if you get a shit key, they just give you another one. By immiedately asking for a refund because he already repurchased the game, he might have violated the TOS.

Not that I care really, since G2A is fucking cancer, and is bad for the software industry as a whole.