Which GPU model should i pick ?

ChanceTheRapper

i still dont know what gpu to get , and im very worried about it , i've seen many reviews and now im at this point : 1. gigabyte 1080 xtreme gaming ( runs very quiet stock + overclock ) - (temperatures under 65C stock + overclock on full load) - (better performance than asus 1080 strix)
2. Zotac 1080 amp extreme ( runs not as quiet as gigabyte while on either stock or overclocked ) - (temperatures in average - 75C) - (best performance)
3. MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G - ( runs as quiet as gigabyte ) - ( temperatures in average 70C while on full load) - (performs 1% worse than gigabyte)
4. EVGA 1080 FTW - I have no informations about it

My requirements are : 1. quiet on full load

2. very low noise level

3. no coil whine

just pick one and watercool it #quiet

Tag me if you need me :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop:                                       Laptop:        
CPU - i7-4790k                            CPU: I7 7700HQ
GPU - Inno3D 1080TI                  GPU: 1060
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI          Memory: 16 GB
Memory - 32 GB DDR3                Storage: 1256GB
Storage - 11 TB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: ONEPLUS 6 128GB

Just now, BlueCrazii said:

just pick one and watercool it #quiet

dont want to watercool it

1 minute ago, NerdyCoder said:

Always go for the best performance.

this didnt help me at all xD

I think the Gigabyte will be the best choice since it's quiet, cool, and has better performance than the MSI.

DUE TO MANY REQUESTS I HAVE LEFT THIS FORUM FOREVER.

12 minutes ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

i still dont know what gpu to get , and im very worried about it , i've seen many reviews and now im at this point : 1. gigabyte 1080 xtreme gaming ( runs very quiet stock + overclock ) - (temperatures under 65C stock + overclock on full load) - (better performance than asus 1080 strix)
2. Zotac 1080 amp extreme ( runs not as quiet as gigabyte while on either stock or overclocked ) - (temperatures in average - 75C) - (best performance)
3. MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G - ( runs as quiet as gigabyte ) - ( temperatures in average 70C while on full load) - (performs 1% worse than gigabyte)
4. EVGA 1080 FTW - I have no informations about it

My requirements are : 1. quiet on full load

2. very low noise level

3. no coil whine

the msi would be the best choice, only 1% slower (could be overclocked to match) and is a smaller card so will have better compatibility with cases. also msi coolers are sexy AF

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

3 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

the msi would be the best choice, only 1% slower (could be overclocked to match) and is a smaller card so will have better compatibility with cases. also msi coolers are sexy AF

i was thinking about the same option , the other one that its really as good as msi when comes to thermals and noise level is gigabyte but performs a bit better

Just now, ChanceTheRapper said:

i was thinking about the same option , the other one that its really as good as msi when comes to thermals and noise level is gigabyte but performs a bit better

yes but you can overclock the msi to match the performance of the gigabyte, besides 1% is negligible in real life performance

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

17 minutes ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

3. no coil whine

This is not really something you can just like that know if a card will start with. I think it's random. And I know that it's not just the GPU that gets coilwhine, my previous PSU got it and I was so sure it was the GPU but no.

And for your question, I would always try to think of the computer as a whole and look at colors and see what would fit in, but if you are not looking at the aesthetics then look at which suits your needs the most.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

Well MSI Sea Hawk X would win xD

It's the most quiet card, and it will also keep GPU temps the lowest of them all.

But it's not that cheap. So just get GPU that looks the best to you.

In terms of performance they will be all the same.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

yes but you can overclock the msi to match the performance of the gigabyte, besides 1% is negligible in real life performance

what about evga's 1080 ftw ? never seen a benchmark / review for it , does it run cooler / quiter than these gpu's already mentioned ?

Just now, ChanceTheRapper said:

what about evga's 1080 ftw ? never seen a benchmark / review for it , does it run cooler / quiter than these gpu's already mentioned ?

it is a great card, it is just as quiet as the others, it really comes down to brand preference and looks

PSU tier list- 

7 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

it is a great card, it is just as quiet as the others, it really comes down to brand preference and looks

but i've seen many reviews and compared all of them and i noticed they dont kinda perform the same , maybe is just silicon lottery

I've tried the Gigabyte 1080 xtreme gaming card, mine unfortunately failed after just 1 week (I'm sure this is just a one off, they're a great company and sh*t happens). I returned mine and ended up buying the EVGA 1080 FTW instead. It's definitely marginally quieter than the Gigabyte card was under load. I have a very poorly ventilated case (1 case fan only) and room and the FTW card doesn't reach temps any higher than 72c whilst overclocked and is still very nice and quiet.

Like others have said already I'm sure, these pascal cards overclock really nice so perhaps picking based on factory overclocks isn't the best idea seeing as you could easily achieve this with a little tweak on lower clocked ones. My FTW for example GPU boosts on it's own to just under 2100Mhz (obviously your results will vary depending silicon lottery).

1 minute ago, LordTaylor said:

I've tried the Gigabyte 1080 xtreme gaming card, mine unfortunately failed after just 1 week (I'm sure this is just a one off, they're a great company and sh*t happens). I returned mine and ended up buying the EVGA 1080 FTW instead. It's definitely marginally quieter than the Gigabyte card was under load. I have a very poorly ventilated case (1 case fan only) and room and the FTW card doesn't reach temps any higher than 72c whilst overclocked and is still very nice and quiet.

Like others have said already I'm sure, these pascal cards overclock really nice so perhaps picking based on factory overclocks isn't the best idea seeing as you could easily achieve this with a little tweak on lower clocked ones. My FTW for example GPU boosts on it's own to just under 2100Mhz (obviously your results will vary depending silicon lottery).

thanks a lot , finally someone who tested the cards and share's his experience with these cards

4 minutes ago, LordTaylor said:

this is how my build looks so far , hope the air cooling is good with it : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V36X3F

6 minutes ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

this is how my build looks so far , hope the air cooling is good with it : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V36X3F

Looks like a nice rig :) Air cooler if you aren't going to be overclocking to extremes should be absolutely fine! *Edit: Just saw the amount of case fans you've got on their... Geez! hahaha*

CES coverage showed EVGA introducing the FTW2 card which uses a new iCX cooler as appose to the ACX 3.0 cooler on the current FTW card. It's supposed to be an improvement over the ACX 3.0 design and looks very similar aesthetically. Not sure when that's due for release so if you aren't in a mega rush to get the GPU might be worth holding out?

If not, don't get me wrong the ACX 3.0 cooler on the original FTW is great and looks pretty IMO 9_9

Edited by LordTaylor

1 minute ago, LordTaylor said:

Looks like a nice rig :) Air cooler if you aren't going to be overclocking to extremes should be absolutely fine!

CES coverage showed EVGA introducing the FTW2 card which uses a new iCX cooler as appose to the ACX 3.0 cooler on the current FTW card. It's supposed to be an improvement over the ACX 3.0 design and looks very similar aesthetically. Not sure when that's due for release so if you aren't in a mega rush to get the GPU might be worth holding out?

If not, don't get me wrong the ACX 3.0 cooler on the original FTW is great and looks pretty IMO 9_9

i dont really care about how it looks like , im more into noise / temp performance :P

I've got the 1080 Phoenix and it's pretty quiet, around 60C at 46% fan speed while running Far Cry Primal.

Spoiler

highest.png

If I run the Heaven benchmark, it goes around 59C at 100% fan speed, never really tried it at 50%.

1 hour ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

i dont really care about how it looks like , im more into noise / temp performance :P

Yeah I had a hard time figuring out what gtx 1070 was the best then after a lot of research I found that they all boost to about the same clockspeed anyways if they have a good enough cooler so I choose the msi gaming x because it was on sale and had some of the best thermals and noise reduction.

24 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah I had a hard time figuring out what gtx 1070 was the best then after a lot of research I found that they all boost to about the same clockspeed anyways if they have a good enough cooler so I choose the msi gaming x because it was on sale and had some of the best thermals and noise reduction.

hope applies the same for 1080 though :D