Need Help With Some Homework

CFM56-7B Turbofan

This is a crucial assignment that needs to get done ASAP. Not necessarily looking for straight up answers, but I would like some guidance on what is being asked in these questions.

IMAG0236.jpg

1. Draw the diagram like question 2?

2. Make a table with 1 and 0

3,4,5 just convert them

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

1. Draw the diagram like question 2?

2. Make a table with 1 and 0

3,4,5 just convert them

Maybe be a bit more specific? I understand the very basics of inputs being filtered down, but not sure how exactly how to answer these

i really dont know how to answer this without giving the answers but ill give you a point in the right wikipedia pages.

first question is applying De Morgans law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Morgan's_laws

second equation is just a table of all possible inputs and their output. e.g. img12.gif

3,4,5 is just decimal to binary conversion. you can do it in google

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1. The question is trying to show you that NAND gates are universal. It allows you to use NOT gates and AND gates only. If you place a NOT gate on the output of an AND gate you get a NAND gate. The question wants you to arrange these NAND gates (or even just NOT gates and AND gates) in such a way that you produce the same output as a single NOR gate and then draw the diagram of such a circuit. Also, if you've taken a discrete structures or formal logic class, you can apply De Morgan's Laws here nicely.
  2. This is very simple. I assume that you have been taught what a truth table is, and how to calculate how many permutations of inputs there are. In this case there are 3 inputs, each with two possible values. If you ever get to take a discrete structures class, you should do so. It teaches you alot of short hand and logical thinking that makes this task much easier.
  3. Represent 8BASE 10 in one byte. Pad with leading 0's if necessary.
  4. Represent 300BASE 10 in one byte. You should think about this one a little longer. If you'll recall, the largest value that you can represent with any given number of binary bits is given by 2n-1 where n is the number of bits.
  5. Represent -5BASE 10 in a single byte. Pad with leading 0's if necessary. I would assume that you have been taught two's complement or signed integers.

What class is this for? @CFM56-7B Turbofan

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

3 minutes ago, CFM56-7B Turbofan said:

Maybe be a bit more specific? I understand the very basics of inputs being filtered down, but not sure how exactly how to answer these

Nor gives a false value if one of the operand is true

Truth table ( A NOR B)

0 0 1

0 1 0

1 0 0

1 1 0

Truth table for A AND B. 

1 1 1

0 1 0

1 0 0

0 0 0

By that logic, NOT A AND NOT B = A NOR B

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

By that logic, NOT A AND NOT B = A NOR B

Interestingly enough, this is known as "De Morgan's Laws". They simply state that ~(A ∧ B) ≡ ~A ∨ ~B. They can be written the other way as well, for example:             ~(A ∨ B) ≡ ~A ∧ ~B

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

Interestingly enough, this is known as "De Morgan's Laws". They simply state that ~(A ∧ B) ≡ ~A ∨ ~B. They can be written the other way as well, for example:   ~(A ∨ B) ≡ ~A ∧ ~B

There are around 10 laws that I already forgot from last year I took Discret Math in Uni lol. 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

There are around 10 laws that I already forgot from last year I took Discret Math in Uni lol. 

I'm taking it now. De Morgan's is the only set that I know off the top of my head.

6 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

I'm taking it now. De Morgan's is the only set that I know off the top of my head.

Yeah cause it was named after somebody. 

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

6 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

and when youve been working for a few years you will apply all of these logic laws without thinking or remembering what they are called

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I sadly need to retake it. I did not survive the first time around. I hate proofs.

It's fun melting the minds of people with logic gates though.

27 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I sadly need to retake it. I did not survive the first time around. I hate proofs.

It's fun melting the minds of people with logic gates though.

I'm studying very hard. I'm reading the textbook as we go along and doing more than the required homework. I really like CS and Aerospace related stuff. They aren't work to me, they are just pure fun.

Also, previous members of my family have set the bar very, very high for me and I can't afford to mess around and fail. 

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

-snip-

Yeah, I found a different book to learn from than the one the college told me to get. That one makes a lot more sense, but sadly it was too late for me to be able to catch up.

I do love CS and programming as well. I find them to be very fun puzzles in a way. I just wish college was cheaper to be honest as I'm part of a low income family.

I wish you luck though.

3 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I do love CS and programming as well. I find them to be very fun puzzles in a way. I just wish college was cheaper to be honest as I'm part of a low income family.

I wish you luck though.

My family is only able to help me with books and food. Even then it takes four parents and two grandparents to do that. I'm here solely on FAFSA based student aid. Pell grant, Subsidized Stafford, and Unsubsidized Stafford loans.

4 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

My family is only able to help me with books and food. Even then it takes four parents and two grandparents to do that. I'm here solely on FAFSA based student aid. Pell grant, Subsidized Stafford, and Unsubsidized Stafford loans.

Yeah, same here. I'm helping my parents pay off old debts and most of our income goes towards that. I'm kind of weary of the FAFSA loans though. We're also paying off my brother's FAFSA loans (he graduated, but finding a job is quite hard still).

Anyway, don't want to derail thread. I think the OP has got enough guidance for what is some basic logic gate stuff.