HQ vs HK CPUs

so i was thinking of getting a gaming notebook for lan parties (i have a great desktop pc with an i7 4790k and 1080) and was scrolling through MSI notebooks and i found a couple that i loved but... one of them has an i7-6820HK and the other has an  i7-6700HQ. HK refers to "high performance graphics / unlocked" and the HQ refers to (high performance graphics + Quad-core).

my question is... (im sorry if i sound stupid) is the HK CPU not quad core ? it would be kinda redundant if it isnt ._. and which CPU is better ? 

thank you c:

Don't really know which one is better, but both are definitely quad-core.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe" ~ Albert Einstein

The HK is an HQ but with overclocking support. If you want to have the option of overclocking get the HK, if you don't care about that, get the HQ. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, JaRy8 said:

Don't really know which one is better, but both are definitely quad-core.

The HK is better. It's just like the i7-6700 vs the 6700K. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The HK is better. It's just like the i7-6700 vs the 6700K. 

Sorry, should have known. The overclocking "K" and all

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe" ~ Albert Einstein

HK has unlocked multiplier, which means you can oc.

I'm a bigger fan of HK, especially the USP Compact, though I wish it came with the Tactical sights and ergonomics...

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I'm a bigger fan of HK, especially the USP Compact, though I wish it came with the Tactical sights and ergonomics...

please elaborate more on the USP Compact and the tactical sights and ergonomics.. 

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html

HK means mobile high performance graphics with an unlocked multiplier, and right now since it's only available on i7 chips, also implies it's quad core. HQ high performance graphics on a quad core.