Wii Mini coming to the USA nov. 17

Snickerzz
The Wii Mini is a smaller, redesigned version of the Wii. It lacks WiFi and GameCube support, but plays the Wii's library of over 1,300 games.

The original Wii, launched in 2006, has sold over 100 million units to date. Mario Kart Wii is the most popular non-bundled game, selling more than 34 million copies since launch in 2008.The Wii has since been discontinued in Europe and Japan, though availability in the United States remains unchanged and unaffected indefinitely. Nintendo is hoping to turn things around with the release of marquee first-party titles, including Super Mario 3D World on November 22, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in December, as well as Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. in 2014.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/99-wii-mini-confirmed-for-u-s/1100-6415943/

No internet support

No gamecube game support

Smaller version of the Wii not Wii U

why? just.. why? -__-

I dont have an original Wii or Wii U but I played mt sisters Wii.. Wasn't all the great

post-5552-0-19005300-1383623609_thumb.pn

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Wow, no internet support? Not even direct Ethernet connection?

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Because mass market, that's why

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

Didn't they stop production of the Wii?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

They need some shit console to offload all of their super mario kart games.

Wow, no internet support? Not even direct Ethernet connection?

nope... nothin

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Useless product IMO.  A normal Wii can be had on ebay for less than $100; why not just buy that?

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Didn't they stop production of the Wii?

Not for North America.

Didn't know that the Wii mini is powered by IBM microprocessor technology. If they released games like Mario Kart 8 and the new Super Smash Bros on the wii, it would sell pretty good imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would buy one for a kitchen Netflix box for $100. Even adding just wired would boost sales 500%. If it has some USB ports maybe there could be some wireless trickery with custom firmware.

Spoiler

I would buy one for a kitchen Netflix box for $100. Even adding just wired would boost sales 500%. If it has some USB ports maybe there could be some wireless trickery with custom firmware.

or just buy a roku/apple tv for the same price :P