Only Bluetooth Headphones. Worth it to install SoundCard?

Catalonia

Hello.

I am currently using Bluetooth Headphones exclusively in my Asus Rampage V Edition 10.

So, since I'm never using the "line out" of the MB Souncard, I decided to Disable it in the BIOS, and since the Bluetooth Headphones create their own sound device, my question is:

It is worth it to Enable and Install the drivers of my MB Soundcard? The Audio quality I'm having right now is not extremely good. Could it be for the lack of a dedicated SC? My headphones are the Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2.

What do you think?

Thank you

no it won't change anything

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

There's no point in disabling the drivers to begin with, and a sound card won't make it sound any better since it's Bluetooth..

Since those headphones are Bluetooth, the bitrate (which is where some of the quality comes from) is going to be essentially bottlenecked by the connectivity between the headphones and the motherboard. Then you've got the headphones themselves which is what is going to shape what you're hearing.

Why do you think they don't sound good?

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

There's no point in disabling the drivers to begin with, and a sound card won't make it sound any better since it's Bluetooth..

Since those headphones are Bluetooth, the bitrate (which is where some of the quality comes from) is going to be essentially bottlenecked by the connectivity between the headphones and the motherboard. Then you've got the headphones themselves which is what is going to shape what you're hearing.

Why do you think they don't sound good?

The quality I'm getting from them connected to my iMac  or iPhone is noticeably better. (SBC or APTX)

So, I'm trying to understand why under Windows they sound quite worse. I am currently using a Plugable USB 4.0 Dongle under W10 64bit

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

No the digital to analog conversion is happening in the cans, so any lack of audio fidelity is purely down to the headphone quality. 

And ofcourse bluetooth's limitations.

I get the point. But again, when using them in my iMac or iPhone they sound very, very well.

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/backbeat-pro-2

This are quite Good top of the range Heaphones and they do sound very well. I tried several Bluetooth dongles, with and without APTX, and yes, audio quality under W10 is way worse.

2 minutes ago, Catalonia said:

The quality I'm getting from them connected to my iMac  or iPhone is noticeably better. (SBC or APTX)

So, I'm trying to understand why under Windows they sound quite worse. I am currently using a Plugable USB 4.0 Dongle under W10 64bit

There's probably some weird sound equalization or effect that's applied. Look in the properties of the bluetooth device in Windows < Sounds. Just right click the headphones and check the enhancements tab. Turn all of it off.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

There's probably some weird sound equalization or effect that's applied. Look in the properties of the bluetooth device in Windows < Sounds. Just right click the headphones and check the enhancements tab. Turn all of it off.

All OFF, this is actually a clean install and audio drivers were never installed (since I had the Soundcard Disabled all the time)

It may have to do with the codec used and/or the bitrate? Is there a way to find out under windows what codec are you using? SBC or AptX? And if yes, what bitrate is currently using?

4 minutes ago, Catalonia said:

All OFF, this is actually a clean install and audio drivers were never installed (since I had the Soundcard Disabled all the time)

It may have to do with the codec used and/or the bitrate? Is there a way to find out under windows what codec are you using? SBC or AptX? And if yes, what bitrate is currently using?

I don't know much about that motherboard or its Bluetooth connectivity. You could take a look at the manual for it yourself and specifically look for the Bluetooth part, or Google around for it. Someone is bound to have had the same issue you're having.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

I don't know much about that motherboard or its Bluetooth connectivity. You could take a look at the manual for it yourself and specifically look for the Bluetooth part, or Google around for it. Someone is bound to have had the same issue you're having.

Sure I will. Thanks for your comments!

4 minutes ago, ramencupofjoy said:

Do the cans have support for a wired connection?

If so, use that.

They do. But I want to live in a wirefree world! :)