750Ti 4GB replacement.

nelfdez

Well, first, i have to apologize because i have made so much topics asking only for a replacement (new on foruming).

And now, title topic.

I want to replace my 750TI 4GB for a new GPU.

My budget is around €340 (prices in amazon.es)

Current system specs:

- i5 4440 3.1ghz

- 8gb 1600 DDR3 ram

- 600W PSU

- gigabyte b85m-ud3h

I game at 1080p and games such as GTA V and FO4, BF1,... (+ other games which don't need graphics power)

Which do you think guys would be the best option?

Again, apologies for submitting that much topics xD

personally, i would go with the MSI GTX 1060 (im not a big fan of AMD because of bad experiences and so on)

This is the one i would buy: https://www.amazon.de/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1060-Grafikkarte/dp/B01IOPQ1VO/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1484777582&sr=1-4&keywords=gtx+1060

im quite sure u can max most games at 1080p on 60fps but its all your choice :)

4 minutes ago, nelfdez said:

Well, first, i have to apologize because i have made so much topics asking only for a replacement (new on foruming).

And now, title topic.

I want to replace my 750TI 4GB for a new GPU.

My budget is around €340 (prices in amazon.es)

Current system specs:

- i5 4440 3.1ghz

- 8gb 1600 DDR3 ram

- 600W PSU

- gigabyte b85m-ud3h

I game at 1080p and games such as GTA V and FO4, BF1,... (+ other games which don't need graphics power)

Which do you think guys would be the best option?

Again, apologies for submitting that much topics xD

GTX 1060? 

https://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_5_4/253-5780441-9752764?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gtx+1060&sprefix=gtz+%2Caps%2C402&crid=24J1U3LFRBTU7

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 minutes ago, Radiant said:

personally, i would go with the MSI GTX 1060 (im not a big fan of AMD because of bad experiences and so on)

This is the one i would buy: https://www.amazon.de/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1060-Grafikkarte/dp/B01IOPQ1VO/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1484777582&sr=1-4&keywords=gtx+1060

Oi go for 480, unless you really want nvidia. 

2 minutes ago, Radiant said:

OP uses spanish Amazon. :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

as i said, ive always had issues with amd graphicscards, and i dont like the high temps they get but in my opinion nvidia last longer and show more performance

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

OP uses spanish Amazon. :P

well google translate op and if i get discounts its better hehe

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

i want the best performing option inside budget :)

1 minute ago, nelfdez said:

Look at this video. :) 

what is your monitor? if it has freesync, go with RX480

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

3 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

I'm right with you! Finally someone on the forums who doesn't go after you for saying you'd rather use an NV product. Like I always say, jet fuel can't melt steel beams, but a well-cooled AMD GPU can.

Finally yes haha! ive had many HD 7850 and HD 7770 and a R9 290 and they all got extremely hot and never showed as much performance as nvidia cards haha!

12 minutes ago, MilfShake said:

what is your monitor? if it has freesync, go with RX480

Nope, 60hz 21"

34 minutes ago, Radiant said:

That card is super-overpriced!!!

I would just go for a Sapphire RX 470 8gb:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/offer-listing/B01J1J7SW8/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It's 245 euro. Not 332 euro. And it performs about the same!

TBH, I would bang my head against the wall If I bought a GTX 1060 for 332 euro. It's a good card, I have one myself. But I paid $340 CAD at launch for it. 

2 hours ago, nelfdez said:

Well right now the rx 480 has the best performance, unless Nvidia steps up their drivers game. And it's better in dx12

18 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Well right now the rx 480 has the best performance, unless Nvidia steps up their drivers game. And it's better in dx12

I know DX12 and vulkan are the future but if 1060 gets 60+ fps idc which GPU gets more fps, just 60 are enough (also 60hz monitor) and i play DX11 games

i've been lokking and i think ASUS strix is the best one but if i had to choose a second one (excepting MSI, so expensive) i'd go for G1 gaming (i wont hear coil whine with headphone so), but asus strix has won my heart. My question is: factory OC (350€) or no OC for 337€?

5 minutes ago, nelfdez said:

I know DX12 and vulkan are the future but if 1060 gets 60+ fps idc which GPU gets more fps, just 60 are enough (also 60hz monitor) and i play DX11 games

i've been lokking and i think ASUS strix is the best one but if i had to choose a second one (excepting MSI, so expensive) i'd go for G1 gaming (i wont hear coil whine with headphone so), but asus strix has won my heart. My question is: factory OC (350€) or no OC for 337€?

https://www.amazon.es/XFX-RX-480P8DBA6/dp/B01JM1C4CE/ This seems like the best deal, but if you are set on the 1060 Strix, get the non-OC one. 

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Either the GTX 1060 or the RX 480 would be good options. I guess it'd really boil down into what you play the most in order to pick which card would be better.

if i focus on the games i play, 1060 wins, but then i have to choose the 1060 model

9 minutes ago, nelfdez said:

i'll save that link. the non oc strix can be OCed and achieve the same performance of the factory OCed one? 

They can both be pushed to over 2GHz, the difference is that the OC models is most likely binned, so theoretically it should be able to be overclocked further. 13€ extra for supposedly better overclocking capabilities is not worth it imo. 

Still, 40 bucks over the XFX GTR BE, which is the best RX 480 out there, is way too much. One of the few games where the GTX 1060 is noticeably better is GTA V, so if that's game you'll be mostly playing, then it can be justified.

2 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

They can both be pushed to over 2GHz, the difference is that the OC models is most likely binned, so theoretically it should be able to be overclocked further. 13€ extra for supposedly better overclocking capabilities is not worth it imo. 

Still, 40 bucks over the XFX GTR BE, which is the best RX 480 out there, is way too much. One of the few games where the GTX 1060 is noticeably better is GTA V, so if that's game you'll be mostly playing, then it can be justified.

but, is factory OCed strix safer for overclock (supposing i OC the non factory OCed)?

yes, gta v is my main (behind other games which do not require gpu power) so i'd go for the 1060

1 minute ago, nelfdez said:

but, is factory OCed strix safer for overclock (supposing i OC the non factory OCed)?

yes, gta v is my main (behind other games which do not require gpu power) so i'd go for the 1060

Both are safe to overclock; overclocking is very safe these days. 

12 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

Both are safe to overclock; overclocking is very safe these days. 

well i couldn't an OC guide for the strix... is jayztwocents' guide ok for it? if it's not, can anyody supply a guide for it?

thanks a lot