Cant access quick access area in the notification

FireFox_13

Hey, I own a MOTO X Play. recently its been acting very strange after i updated it to Android 6.0.1. I cant access the quick access menu , all i can do is see my notifications and i cant drag down to go to settings or anything in that tab. recent apps button wont work and the home button doesn't too. All i can use is the 'back' button. Cant connect the device to a PC nor access developer options. i tapped the 'Build Number' many times but nothing seems to happen. can resetting the device to factory solve this problem ? or the OS is corrupt ? Please help me! its been two weeks since this problem and i cant figure out a way to fix it .

I know this is not what you, or anyone, would want to hear, but a factory reset will likely solve the issues. If not, I'm not aware of any way to officially fall back to the older OS version, so if you want to keep your warranty you'll need to contact Motorola. If it's already expired then Google "Moto X Play Custom ROMS" and see what is offered by the community! :D

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

I know this is not what you, or anyone, would want to hear, but a factory reset will likely solve the issues. If not, I'm not aware of any way to officially fall back to the older OS version, so if you want to keep your warranty you'll need to contact Motorola. If it's already expired then Google "Moto X Play Custom ROMS" and see what is offered by the community! :D

It's been just 4 months since i bought it.Hopefully a reset will fix it 

1 minute ago, FireFox_13 said:

It's been just 4 months since i bought it.Hopefully a reset will fix it 

I hope so too! I had weirdness happen on my Moto X Pure after an update and a factory reset did fix it. I hope your X Play is a similar story! If not, Motorola (Lenovo) will help, they're pretty good about that stuff, at least in my experience. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

I hope so too! I had weirdness happen on my Moto X Pure after an update and a factory reset did fix it. I hope your X Play is a similar story! If not, Motorola (Lenovo) will help, they're pretty good about that stuff, at least in my experience. 

Thank you for the help!! I was just backing up all the data and it's taking too long