Corsair AF140mm with z170 pro gaming

Nashiwa
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
12 minutes ago, Nashiwa said:

Ok thanks! But then if I use the splitter or the hub doesn't it mean that the fans will not be correctly detected by the Asus app?

I also noticed that there a fan_opt slot which is most likely used for CPU liquid coolers, and as I have an air cooler could I use that slot to plug the case fan?

If you use a splitter, only one of the two fans will be detected. The other will just run at whatever PWM setting the one that the app recognizes is running at.

Yes, you can use a CPU_OPT or FAN_OPT header for a case fan.

Hey guys!

I bought 2 extra case fans for my S340, but I noticed that on my Z170 pro gaming motherboard there are only 3 dedicated fan pins. As the S340 comes with 2 stocks fans, I now have 4 fans and only 3 available slots.

How could I plug all the fans and be able to use them with the Asus fan xpert software? I was thinking about getting a splitter but then I'm not sure if the fans will be recognized correctly by the software.

A splitter should work fine but you might consider a fan hub

My life

31 minutes ago, Himommies said:

A splitter should work fine but you might consider a fan hub

Ok thanks! But then if I use the splitter or the hub doesn't it mean that the fans will not be correctly detected by the Asus app?

I also noticed that there a fan_opt slot which is most likely used for CPU liquid coolers, and as I have an air cooler could I use that slot to plug the case fan?

12 minutes ago, Nashiwa said:

If you use a splitter, only one of the two fans will be detected. The other will just run at whatever PWM setting the one that the app recognizes is running at.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

30 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Oh ok thanks a lot for the clarification!