Samsung Group chief faces arrest, accused of paying millions in bribes

Diesay
12 hours ago, atrash said:

Paying bribes? Is that what they call lobbying in the US? lol jk

Nope not "just kidding"... That is the one issue that I believe all Republicans and Democrats agree on. That money needs to be taken out of politics. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

13 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

Now apples turn. We all know it

44 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

Doubt it, the business environment in Korea is dominated by a few "chaebol" conglomerates - Samsung, Hyundai and LG. These are family owned - and passed down - so nepotism is rife and they have incredible influence over politics.

America does not have anything close to that, fortunately, as flawed as your system is.

I think if apple is going to be accused\caught of something It would be accepting bribes.  I don't think they have to give them

The whole South Korean cult thing is really a strange deal.  In all honesty, most of their country, legislation, and both parties is run by Samsung - both parties have economic / tax laws and plans that're dead similar and merely differ on social issues and North Korea.  This cult situation definitely gives the rest of the government a means to, in a way, free itself.  People were okay with Samsung ruling(given they're most of the countries economy, and even have their own privatized cities), but given the hyper-Abrahamism that has swept Korea - this cult-stuff probably doesn't sit well.