How much time before the next Intel cpu gen?

1 minute ago, matrixmodulator said:

yeah good idea but i already have all of this, im only updating the mobo, cpu and ram.

i have gtx1070, actualy what you suggest is what i did and now i just need to upgrade the mobo cpu and ram

Wait my friend, just fucking wait. The new intel 8th gen will be a greater improvement then the rest. They want to be ahead by a certain amount all the time.

the thing about waiting is that with your 8 years, you're pretty much the example of what "being able to wait for new launches forever" looks like.

in essence, at whichever point in time you ask this, there'll always be a new product around the corner, at some point you just have to bite the bullet and get what's available at that time.

if you dont end up biting the bullet, you'll end up like that guy that posted a review on the asrock Q1900m saying it's a very good upgrade over his pentium 4 running windows 7 ;)

Yeah but the Ryzen transition is the best ever time to just fucking wait for the 8th gen intel. There is a reason why Intel did what they did with 7th gen.

1 minute ago, bossman1 said:

Wait my friend, just fucking wait. The new intel 8th gen will be a greater improvement then the rest. They want to be ahead by a certain amount all the time.

but the one after that will then again be better, and AMD will come with something better, and via *fucking* technologies will talk about their low power x86 procs again, and so on.

you see the issue here? ;)

3 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA says who?

OP said Coffee Lake. You know you gotta start with the Intel and Starbuck link up. :P 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

OP said Coffee Lake. You know you gotta start with the Intel and Starbuck link up. :P 

You did not get my joke. Sure I was selective in quoting just "Nut" from Nutrisweet but it should have gotten the punch line across without being too obvious.

yeah ok, but "than" :)

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the thing about waiting is that with your 8 years, you're pretty much the example of what "being able to wait for new launches forever" looks like.

in essence, at whichever point in time you ask this, there'll always be a new product around the corner, at some point you just have to bite the bullet and get what's available at that time.

if you dont end up biting the bullet, you'll end up like that guy that posted a review on the asrock Q1900m saying it's a very good upgrade over his pentium 4 running windows 7 ;)

yeah i know but kaby lake is so near skylake that its almost like if it wasnt out and i was almost waiting for the new one.

Actualy i started to thinkin upgrading it about 1 month ago hahahaa since then it was fine i guess.. 

Yeah but the Ryzen transition is the best ever time to just fucking wait for the 8th gen intel. There is a reason why Intel did what they did with 7th gen.

yeah, i think i'll wait...

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

but the one after that will then again be better, and AMD will come with something better, and via *fucking* technologies will talk about their low power x86 procs again, and so on.

you see the issue here? ;)

yea i totaly understand but the gap will be most likely higher than between kabylake and skylake.

Look at it this way, from 7th gen intel to 8th gen will be a huge step in progress, from every other refresh to new.

Intel just did a punt with their 7th gen to see what Ryzen will be. They are holding their cards close to their chest.

Once Intel see's Ryzen they will have a clue what to do next.

Hopefully in your case Ryzen will be a huge improvement and Intel will have to throw a long pass with their bag of tricks just waiting to be used.

Just think in another 5 years where the computer tech will be. This is the time where I will be building a new pc myself, not on a refresh but on a new cycle. By that time the GTX-1080 will be old and crusty and I can snatch one up for cheap.

8 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

yeah ok, but "than" :)

yeah i know but kaby lake is so near skylake that its almost like if it wasnt out and i was almost waiting for the new one.

Actualy i started to thinkin upgrading it about 1 month ago hahahaa since then it was fine i guess.. 

yeah, i think i'll wait...

yea i totaly understand but the gap will be most likely higher than between kabylake and skylake.

yes, and the next step will be a gap again.

the thing is, you can wait forever.

does your processor still have the power you need? wait.

do you need an upgrade to continue working at the speed you want? upgrade.

its not a matter of waiting for the next gen, it's a matter of buying when you need it.

8 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

Look at it this way, from 7th gen intel to 8th gen will be a huge step in progress, from every other refresh to new.

Intel just did a punt with their 7th gen to see what Ryzen will be. They are holding their cards close to their chest.

Once Intel see's Ryzen they will have a clue what to do next.

Hopefully in your case Ryzen will be a huge improvement and Intel will have to throw a long pass with their bag of tricks just waiting to be used.

Just think in another 5 years where the computer tech will be. This is the time where I will be building a new pc myself, not on a refresh but on a new cycle. By that time the GTX-1080 will be old and crusty and I can snatch one up for cheap.

well i already have the 1070 so...

but yeah i feel like since 8 years its maybe about twice faster not much more...

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

yes, and the next step will be a gap again.

the thing is, you can wait forever.

does your processor still have the power you need? wait.

do you need an upgrade to continue working at the speed you want? upgrade.

its not a matter of waiting for the next gen, it's a matter of buying when you need it.

i need it soon, but i can wait for the next one, not more than that hehe

Just now, matrixmodulator said:

i need it soon, but i can wait for the next one, not more than that hehe

then wait until you need it ;)

Just now, manikyath said:

then wait until you need it ;)

lol? i just said i need it soon, but i can wait for the next one, not more than that hehe

3 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

lol? i just said i need it soon, but i can wait for the next one, not more than that hehe

yes, and my answer to that is to wait until you need it.

if you can wait until the next release, you should wait until the next release.

if you realise half way the year your cpu isnt cutting it anymore, just get what's available at the time.

yeah cause im not upgrading my cpu often lol

does the first "tick" phase cpu from Intel are good or some heat issues compared to the "optimised" version? (after the "tock")

I just saw on youtube some saying the Kabylake heat maybe a bit more than expected.

i was looking for cable modding, found them at NCIX... holy moly this site layout is outdated.. damn..

It depends. Skylake-E should come out towards the end of this year. Intel will be skipping Kaby Lake-E. Cannonlake-E will come out in 2018. The Mainstream Cannonlake will also come out in 2018.

2 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

It depends. Skylake-E should come out towards the end of this year. Intel will be skipping Kaby Lake-E. Cannonlake-E will come out in 2018. The Mainstream Cannonlake will also come out in 2018.

what is the -E you're talking about?

1 minute ago, matrixmodulator said:

what is the -E you're talking about?

Intel divides their mainstream and enthusiast processor lines. For example, the i7-6700K is a mainstream processor but the i7-6800K is an enthusiast -grade processor. The 6700K is Skylake and the 6800K is Broadwell-E.

3 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

Intel divides their mainstream and enthusiast processor lines. For example, the i7-6700K is a mainstream processor but the i7-6800K is an enthusiast -grade processor. The 6700K is Skylake and the 6800K is Broadwell-E.

The enthusiast Extreme level chips are being referred to as Skylake-X this go around.

16 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

ah ok, about how much better should be the new Skylake-E compared to the i7 7700k kabylake?

2 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

ah ok, about how much better should be the new Skylake-E compared to the i7 7700k kabylake?

Skylake-X is an enthusiast level processor and Kaby Lake is a mainstream processor.  Doesn't make sense directly comparing them to each other as they are focused on different markets.

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Skylake-X is an enthusiast level processor and Kaby Lake is a mainstream processor.  Doesn't make sense directly comparing them to each other as they are focused on different markets.

and in different price brackets, normally ;)

https://ark.intel.com/products/94189/Intel-Core-i7-6800K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

(thats lowest end skylake-x compared to highest end kaby)

26 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

Cannonlake is a mobile series with a 15w tdp. I think you mean coffee lake 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD